Samsung 223 at Microcenter

vbimport

Microcenter has finally restocked the Samsung OEM burners. They are now selling the 223F for $25 and the 223Q for $35. Just the burner in a bag with 4 screws and a piece of useless paper. No disc/software.

Hi and Welcome!

this information is better suited in the Bargain Basement - I’ll move this there.

Is LightScribe and non-LightScribe the only difference between the two?
Thanks

Is LightScribe and non-LightScribe the only difference between the two?
Yes.

I just acquired one of these drives. What is this drive really good for? I have two computers. One has a Lite-On LH-18A1P and the other has a Lite-On DH-20A4P. Don’t get me wrong, but I bought this drive thinking (guessing really) it would burn my favorite media. And…since I recently upgraded to a SATA hard drive I thought it’d be cool to have a SATA DVD burner. The only thing I can say is it does burn fast. Does anyone know what kind of ink jet printable media this thing might like?

How do I get my question to the right department. All I wanna know is what kind of printable media this thing likes. I’m sorry Mr. Moderator for breaking the rules and posting the same question in CD printing area.

[QUOTE=TheCoffeePolice;2116130]How do I get my question to the right department. All I wanna know is what kind of printable media this thing likes. I’m sorry Mr. Moderator for breaking the rules and posting the same question in CD printing area.[/QUOTE]

You should be good to go with any Inkjet printable media from Verbatim like 8x through 16x +R and -R
or you can use TY Inkjet printable media like 8x TYG02 -R or 16x TYG03 -R or you can use something
like 8x YUDEN00T02 +R or 16x YUDEN00T03 +R but stay far away from the Value-line TY stuff and only
buy the Premium line. I’ve also had pretty good luck using HP branded CMC MAG AM3 -R Inkjet printable
media it doesn’t scan as pretty as say Verbatim or TY media does but it is a pretty good media for its
longevity.

I’ve been getting nice burns with my two Lite-on drives. And, really bad burns with the Samsung S203B. But, I think its an Nvidia Mainboard chipset and driver problem. I didn’t have any problems before converting from IDE to SATA. I don’t have the time or more importantly don’t want to take the time to troubleshoot it right now. I’m burned out on trying to get printonadime ink system working with my R280’s. I gave up on the R280’s after nearly three months and have **** canned two damaged printers and ink system. I have work arounds for all my problems. Thanks for the feedback and if I can figure whats going on and fix it I’ll report back. Thanks a million!