Samsung 203B and Memorex DL DVD's

vbimport

At the risk of being lambasted for not using Verbatum DL DVD’s, I have a problem with the SH-203B (SB03) burner destroying Memorex DL DVD’s. I am using Nero to burn the DVD’s and it seems to burn side 1 and then goes into an error routine and quits. The Memorex DVD truely looks BURNED with dark circles. I quit trying after three failures. I use the same software and DL Memorex DVD’s on a Pioneer DVR-112D and a Pioneer DVR-110D and the DVD’s burn OK. In fact, I have never had a “bad burn” using the Memorex DVD’s and a Pioneer burner. The Pioneer drives are PATA and the Samsung is a SATA drive. I have other issues concerning the slow rip rate using DVDFab and the Samsung SATA drive but that is another unresolved problem with the DVDFab program. Any ideas on why the Samsung burner does not like Memorex DL DVD’s.

Skip that memowrecks dl media, your only choice.

I’ll echo chef’s remark and add to use Verbatim and Verbatim only for DL projects. The inconsistency among various drives is only one reason the Memowrecks aren’t suggested.

At the risk of being lambasted for not using Verbatum DL DVD’s

Guess you were lambasted after all :smiley:

Only use Verbatim, +R, 2.4x, MKM-001-00, Made in Singapore

Regards

I thought it was just some friendly advice Blu :slight_smile:

I know it’d be that with you LOCO. :slight_smile:

Regards

Try burning with Imgburn, it handles the layer break better than Nero. I’ve burned a few Memorex DL dvds (I get a really good price on them) with my Samsung 203 with no problems.

Nero wont work for me either, when closing track i get a session fixation error, i tried all NERO’s , Imgburn works fine, i have since bought a Pioneer for all my DL burning.
Verb’s are just too EXPENSIVE!
There ALL to $$$, long ago i figured they would be a 5 cents by now…it’s a ripoff!..scam…HD-DVD should be released to us for burning.

HD-DVD should be released to us for burning.

Talk about expensive…I’ll stick with my SL DVD’s FTW! :iagree:

[QUOTE=Budman62;2056577]Nero wont work for me either, when closing track i get a session fixation error, i tried all NERO’s , Imgburn works fine, i have since bought a Pioneer for all my DL burning.
Verb’s are just too EXPENSIVE!
There ALL to $$$, long ago i figured they would be a 5 cents by now…it’s a ripoff!..scam…[B]HD-DVD should be released to us for burning.[/B][/QUOTE]

:confused:
Just check the HD-DVD burner prices, then think about your statement again. :wink:

[I]Off topic.[/I]

No need to look for HD-DVD burners. This format is dead once and for all.

BTW, Wal-Mart will even refund HD-DVD players if you have one, old link.

The DVD Burner will not burn a Memorex DVD - R .

Should I purchase Verbatum or Memorex for an older model MSI IDE DVD Burner?

Or, Should I purchase Verbatum or Memorex for an older model Samsung TS H652 DVD Burner?

Thank You For All You Do

Hi,

Memowrecks are and have always been a mixed bag, so you never know what you get. Spend a littel more for known good media. So Verbat[U]i[/U]m is the way to go. Verbat[U]u[/U]m might be fake stuff.

Michael

Verbatum worked well but Verbatim wiped out my USB ext HD.

I tried both, Verbatim and Verbatum.

[QUOTE=MelvilleHigh;2576572]Verbatum worked well but Verbatim wiped out my USB ext HD. [/quote]? Huh? :confused:

I tried both, Verbatim and Verbatum.
? Huh? again :confused:

Please elaborate. Also, I’d like to see a picture of these “Verbat[B]u[/B]m”

Michael

[QUOTE=MelvilleHigh;2575622][B]The DVD Burner will not burn a Memorex DVD - R[/B] .

Should I purchase Verbatum or Memorex for an older model MSI IDE DVD Burner?

Or, Should I purchase Verbatum or Memorex for an older model Samsung TS H652 DVD Burner?

Thank You For All You Do[/QUOTE]

Not true.
But what would you gain from a burned but nearly unreadable DVD??