Samsung 202N does not support overburning?

I tried overburning a 4.38GB disc and it failed at the end. My Plextor will overburn without a problem. Does Samsung 202x/203x drives not support overburning? I search the forums for “overburn” and came up with nothing.

NO. :flower:

And AFAIK none MediaTek chipset burner is able to overburn.

BTW, your BenQ165* will overburn +R media without problems… :smiley:

I am overburning with my SH-202J using Prassi ONES.

Overburning DVD’s is not about the burning software used, it’s about drive supporting it*.
Sumsung (or any other MediaTEK drive) doesn’t. :disagree:

*Sofar true Plextor and BenQ [Nexperia] are the only drives supporting this, (reserved track) function.

[QUOTE=slytrans69;2030385]I am overburning with my SH-202J using Prassi ONES.[/QUOTE]

Overburning WHAT?

[QUOTE=pinto2;2000184]NO. :flower:

BTW, your BenQ165* will overburn +R media without problems… :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yeah, my BenQ can overburn no doubt. However the BenQ 1655 only does large overburns and not small ones, for instance something just over 4.37GB and it will not overburn. I’ve confirmed this myself and read about it in BenQ forums.

What sucks is when I build my new computer in a few months the new mobos have only has a single IDE/PATA, because currently all 4 of my optical drives are on my primary and secondary IDE channels.

[QUOTE=gOdisOnyOuRsIDe;2030593]…What sucks is when I build my new computer in a few months the new mobos have only has a single IDE/PATA, because currently all 4 of my optical drives are on my primary and secondary IDE channels.[/QUOTE]That single IDE channel might even not be compatible with optical drives…

Time for a few new SATA burners; Sammy S203N (202N’s sata equivalent) and a Pioneer 215D, and you’r king.
Enjoy. :smiley:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2000184]NO. :flower:

BTW, your BenQ165* will overburn +R media without problems… :D[/QUOTE]:bigsmile: show off :cool:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2030936]That single IDE channel might even not be compatible with optical drives…

Time for a few new SATA burners; Sammy S203N (202N’s sata equivalent) and a Pioneer 215D, and you’r king.
Enjoy. :D[/QUOTE]

Hmm, can the Pioneer 215D do Advanced/Disc Quality scans in Nero CD-DVD Speed? I know my 760A and 202N can’t. I can only do the A/DQ scan with my 1655 and I’ve grown quite attached to PlexTools Q-Check TA Test. I hope the Plextor 810SA is as good as the 760A/SA

[QUOTE=gOdisOnyOuRsIDe;2030965]Hmm, [B]can the Pioneer 215D do Advanced/Disc Quality scans in Nero CD-DVD Speed?[/B] I know my 760A and 202N can’t. I can only do the A/DQ scan with my 1655 and I’ve grown quite attached to PlexTools Q-Check TA Test. I hope the Plextor 810SA is as good as the 760A/SA[/QUOTE]

Could, but they are useless!
Get a Liteon dvd burner for that, 20 bucks investment.

[quote=gOdisOnyOuRsIDe;2030593]
What sucks is when I build my new computer in a few months the new mobos have only has a single IDE/PATA, because currently all 4 of my optical drives are on my primary and secondary IDE channels.[/quote]Why not keeping the old system as “burn machine” then?
Especially Intel based mainboards have P-ATA controllers soldered onto the PCB that don’t support ODD well.

Michael