Safedisk4 and Lite-on SOHW-1693S

vbimport

I have a copy of Rosetta Stone and I am trying to create a back up for the software, considering I paid $200 for it, I think that should be acceptable…

Anyway…I was wondering if anyone has had any luck creating back ups using the Lite-on SOHW-1693S that have Safedisk4.

I have alcohol 120% and I have tried to read it using techniques that others have discribed, but I can’t even got an image to work via emulation, let alone burn.

The disk I am trying to copy is a CD not a DVD if that helps.

hi,

i’m also trying to back up my rosetta stone (paid $500 for level 1-3)… i want to use the back up and put the originals away so they aren’t damaged or lost…

i’ve been trying for about two weeks… i have WinXP and just bought a Lite On SHM 165P6S (which is supposed to be able to copy safedisc 2.9x)…

i’ve tried and succeeded in making a “working copy” (which is not a “perfect copy”… perfect copy can play without 3rd party tools like “Hide CDR”, “Ignore Media Type”, “SD4Hide”, and “Daemon Tools”)… the working copy will can play as long as i use one of the 3rd party tools…

i want to make a working back up that i can use on my laptop (which does not have internet capabilities so i can’t install a 3rd party tool)…

i was able to get the working copy and also run it on emmulation after mounting to the virtual drive.

quality media and quality burner…that’s what it’s all about