SafeDisk v2.8 Help Please!

vbimport

I need to know why the CD I copied of Battlefield 1942 (that has SafeDisk v2.8) will only read on a CD-RW drive. I also need to know if the drives I’m using will copy disks that have SafeDisk v2.8. I am using an AOPEN CD-RW CRW3248 and a LITE-ON LTR-12102C. Thanks to anyone that can help me!

Geez! 16 people come in and not one person has any info to help me?!!

Downlaod Alcohol 120% from site and create image with SaveDisk 2 profile. Than burn it also with SaveDisk 2 profile. Image make in liteon and also burn it with it.

Your LiteOn burner is a 120% burner, which means it can correctly encode EFM errors. You can use Alcohol 120% to make your backup. Use the SafeDisc profile to both read/burn.
If you want, you can use the SafeDisc 2 profile, but you will have to untick the Bypass EFM Error option.

Thanks guys this really helped.

Originally posted by vio_man
Your LiteOn burner is a 120% burner, which means it can correctly encode EFM errors. You can use Alcohol 120% to make your backup. Use the SafeDisc profile to both read/burn.
If you want, you can use the SafeDisc 2 profile, but you will have to untick the Bypass EFM Error option.

Hi,

I’ve a Lite-On LTR-48246S CD-RW drive (w/ latest firmware) and I tried the latest Alcohol 120% to back-up some CD protected with SafeDisc 2.8 - Eventhough the copy happens, the CD is NOT well-copied as the system still detects it as non-existent when I load the software…The CD load the software but then it says cd-rom non existent, please load it, etc… :frowning:

One thing I wanted to add is that I did NOT see the Bypass EFM Error option at all (even grayed out) - any idea why - does not seem to be available for SafeDisc 2 … Should I wait for the new version of Alcohol 120% to be available and/or do you guys have suggestions to make the copy a valid one…

Thanks in advance,

–pheebau

I’ve a Lite-On LTR-48246S CD-RW drive (w/ latest firmware)

You should not need Bypass EFM for your cd writer, you might encounter an other problem .

Eventhough the copy happens, the CD is NOT well-copied as the system still detects it as non-existent when I load the software…The CD load the software but then it says cd-rom non existent, please load it, etc…

Some program request the cd to be in the cd reader uses for installation, Is it your case ?
Also are your using your cd writer as reader, in this event you will need always to hide ATIP .

Not also that safedisc 2 is a poor protection, as some readers cannot read at all original one .

Try to check if Daemon safedisc emulation help (or the one from alcohol) .

Also Post a query in Alcohol (directly alcohol webpages) forum .

Olivier

Finally the problem is solved - thank you guys…

I followed some suggestion here - putting the copied CD in some CD-R drive instead of the CD-RW drive solved the issue…

Olivier, you were right about the ATIP hiding - merci encore :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to get my hands on the coming release of Alcohol 120%

–pheebau