Safedisk 2.9 blacklist

Safedisk does indeed use a blacklist, but , and this is a big but…where does it store the info on your drive? How do I know, well I successfully backed up Generals zero hour using alcohol. Clone Cd was installed on my drive, but the game played no problems, that is until I started to get the dreaded ~DF394B.TMP errors. At some point I enabled the ccd tray, only to be met with please insert the correct CD. Eventually I found the .tmp errors were from a corrupted hard drive, I uninstalled/reinstalled Generals zero hour only to face the please insert the correct cd. The only soltion was to uninstall CCD, and immediately after a reboot, my copy worked.

So by enabling my hide cd tray and attempting to play this game, caused safedisk to blacklist CCD, stored that info somewhere on my hard drive, because after uninstalling/reinstalling with a clean registry using fixit utilities in between, I was only able to play by uninstalling clone CD.

If we know where safedisk is storing this info it may help many people!!

The protection is dynamic and is found in the exe, maybe one or two .DLLs, I don’t keep track anymore.

With respect to CCD, only the VCD is blacklisted. If you reinstall CloneCD, without the VCD option, it MAY work again - it depends on what’s left after the previous uninstall.

If you interested in this, read thru the advanced forum and join the DAEMON’s Forum at www.daemon-tools.cc

You can also look thru these member’s posts by doing a search

locutusofborg
venom386
spath
andareed
truman
blackcheck
Andy147

by VCD, you mean virtual CD drive No? well in fact I never have had ANY VCD drives installed, alcohols or clone CD. So in fact what happened to me was just by enabling the hide CD tray and playing the disk caused the blacklist, there were and never were any virtual drives on my PC, clone CD was installed after copying with alcohol, and the game played fine… but after getting errors with the temp file, i tried playing it off my liteon with hide cd, then the error became insert correct CD, so safedisk is storing this info somewhere, and cannot be an exe file, it would have to be a dynamic file that it checks

Hide CD-R Media is not blacklisted. I’m watching my kids play SD2.9x games right now from their burners (I asked them to check for me). There are bugs in SD2 and SecuROM that cause unanticipated behaviour - this is documented here and on other forums. It may be that the Hide ATIP feature just doesn’t even work on your PC. If you did a default install then the VCD went in as well. If you unticked it, then a protection bug and CloneCD don’t mix. The ‘errors’ are random and are generated by an API in the protection. Sometimes it’s a tmp file ‘error’ sometimes it’s “insert correct CD”. Don’t jump to conclusions because a feature doesn’t work on your PC. It’s happened before and it’s happened again.

SecuROM and SafeDisc are contained in the main executable. Like I said, there may be some .DLLs involved. Please don’t argue this one.

Have a good look around here and at Daemon’s Forum to improve your knowledge. Much of what you want to know has already been said.

install partition magic and create a new partition for a new operating system – free from coping software.

use this new system to play all lastest safedisk games.

using this method keeps things simple and works.

:wink:

.tmp errors have nothing to do with blacklisted games its because you have weak sectors on your disc that cause the reader to get a error when verifying safedisk protection…its very common among 2.9 safedisk protection copies. it seems to be hit or miss on what cd readers/writers will read these copies…i have a new liteon it copies fine for all drives but my cheap hitachi cdrw/dvd player combo drive where i get that error…its not from a blacklist.

Originally posted by Jamos
.tmp errors have nothing to do with blacklisted games its because you have weak sectors on your disc that cause the reader to get a error when verifying safedisk protection…its very common among 2.9 safedisk protection copies. it seems to be hit or miss on what cd readers/writers will read these copies…i have a new liteon it copies fine for all drives but my cheap hitachi cdrw/dvd player combo drive where i get that error…its not from a blacklist.
It’s produced by an API in the protection. It’s (the errors) designed to be random and confuse you.

Originally posted by FutureProof
It’s produced by an API in the protection. It’s (the errors) designed to be random and confuse you.

but the end result is the copy not being completly accurate and not any blacklist…I know becuase it will run on some of my drives and not others on the same computer.

Originally posted by Jamos
but the end result is the copy not being completly accurate and not any blacklist…
This is a given except that the blacklist feature will do it too. The point is that the ‘errors’ are a result of the SafeDisc API not a system problem.