SafeDisk 2.51 - What am I doing wrong?

vbimport

I have a Lite-On 24102B.
I use CloneCD ver 4.0.1.10

Using ClonyXXL I detect a CD as having SafeDisk 2.51

I run CloneCD and choose the 24102B to be the Reader to create an image file. I choose the Safedisk (2) [NO AWS] profile that I downloaded from here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46470&highlight=profile

I get a .CCD file
I then choose the Write from Image file within CloneCD.
I use the 24102B to be the writer and use the same profile as above.

The CD writes fine...
The game installs fine...
But when you run the game it can see that it is not an original CD

What am I doing wrong?
I have tried this on numerous games - with the same results, time and time again.

read at 4-8x…
For SD1 & SD2, errors must be only in first ~10.000 sector: if you have errors (for example) at 204.234 sector, file image is wrong and after the CD won’t run!

TRY THIS MODE…

Are you trying to play it from the CD-RW drive? Then Hide CD-R media must be enabled for the backup to work.

Without Hide CD-R media it will only work in CD/DVD-ROMs and not in CD-RW drives.

Yes - I was trying to play it from the CD-RW drive.
It worked ok in my DVD drive!!!

I didn’t understand that you needed CloneCD to play it too!!!

Now I have tried that - it works OK! :slight_smile:

Is there any side effects of having “Hide CDR Media” enabled?

Thanks for the help too, btw - much appreciated :smiley:

Only side effects is that some programs used to identify CD-R disc manufacturing information may not work when hide CD-R media is enabled (since the CD-R media information is hidden of course ;)).

So remember to disable Hide CD-R media when using such programs…

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Istu

1 I didn’t understand that you needed CloneCD to play it too!!!

2 Is there any side effects of having “Hide CDR Media” enabled?

Hi. I dont understand this:How can I use cloneCD with the Game at the same time? Im going to buy a burner, but why is it necessary to do so?

2: Why would it be better to hide CDR? Whatfor is this option?

Lots Thx before.

Jens

The game checks if the disc is original, only CD-RW drives supports reporting if it is an original or and CD-R(W) disc. So playing from a CD/DVD-ROM always works…

But then the genious mister Oliver Kastl made a program(included with CloneCD) to block the CD-RW drive from reporting that the disc is a CD-R(W) disc and then the game works!

What is ATIP and how does it work as copy protection ? :wink: