SafeDisc v3? what gives

vbimport

Whats this i've been reading about GTA3 using SD3? Is it true? Can it be copied with CloneCD?

:confused:

I did get a succesful copy from clonecd 4, but it wont load correctly. Clony also detects it as a safedisc 2.51. Thats all ive done so far.

read the FAQ. no illegal stuff!!

Edit:

- refs to warez IN OTHER POSTS deleted - thanks to those who highlighted the issue

Sounds good sorry!

Don’t wanna be an ass or anything but i think TALKING ABOUT CRACKS AND STAFF IS ILLEGAL AND NOT ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM…

Besides, me braking the news to you (of which definetely you are aware…) is much better than getting TAX’s attention :wink:

a crack is only legal when you want to make a back-up copy of your original cd-roms, but you can not burn a good copy

I don’t think cracks are legal under any conditions. It is illegal to use them even if you have the original game because you’re messing up with the code - it is only legal to make 1:1 copies

I don’t think cracks are legal under any conditions.

actually, for the purpose of this, i feel that cracks SPECIFICALLY FOR sd3 should be allowed, as we could discuss how they work. hopefully, from this we could emerge a way to copy games with sd3 without using cracks and with clonecd. am i right?

GRAND THEFT AUTO III
I used Clone 3.3.4.1 using the normal settings for SafeDisk 2…with my LiteOn 40125s with firmware ZSOA I copied Grand Theft Auto III with no problems just Read at Max with Fast Error Skip selected and Fast Error settings set at Hardware and 0 Read Retries…and wrote with Amplify weak sectors selected Raw Dao and Max Speed… Works like a Charm…so as far as Safedisk 3…not sure if it really exists…I am new at this but everything worked fine and it is one Kick ass game…
Played Game with NEC DV-5800A…and also played game in LiteOn Drive 40125s…

> [LiteOn 40x] and wrote with Amplify weak sectors

So you’re not an experienced user of clone cd.

im actually kinda suprised writing AWS on the lite on didnt mess the perfect image he already had :wink:

Originally posted by snowie
I don’t now if it can be copied with clonecd but there’s alraidy a crack out for it.
Because I’ve downloaded the game (2cd’s) and there’s a crack with it (fixed .exe)

Um, too much information.

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]> [LiteOn 40x] and wrote with Amplify weak sectors

So you’re not an experienced user of clone cd. [/B]
Thank you alexnoe - I’ll leave the thread as is

Well maybe I shouldn’t of said I am a new user of Clone, but new to post messages…I read the messages on the forum alot but usually don’t reply because the forum is so good and someone is usually on top of everything…I just happened to pre-order GTAIII and possibly had the chance to try and copy this before others posted their results…and in reply to the Amplify weak sectors checked messing up my perfect copy I’m not sure but in the past I tried copying Spiderman and No One Lives Forever with all the same settings except without amplify weak sectors checked and neither would run in my DVD Rom or LiteOn 40125s…it just prompted me to insert correct cd.

Anyone have any new news on when the new firmware will be released for the LiteOn 40125s and if it will still be able to copy Safedisk 2 and 3? if it exists…

Forgot to say…I used the hide cdr option when trying to run both Spiderman and No One Lives Forever in my LiteOn 40125s with no success.

and in reply to the Amplify weak sectors checked messing up my perfect copy I’m not sure but in the past I tried copying Spiderman and No One Lives Forever with all the same settings except without amplify weak sectors checked and neither would run in my DVD Rom or LiteOn 40125s…

This is really very strange. Are you sure your images were ok?

Originally posted by theplaymaker_23
Forgot to say…I used the hide cdr option when trying to run both Spiderman and No One Lives Forever in my LiteOn 40125s with no success.
Does this help?

I will try to make a copy without amplify weak sectors selected and see what happens, I will keep you updated…

Just FYI, I was able to make a successful Cloned copy of GTA3 using my 8x20 Plexie… The copy plays fine in my Toshiba 16x/40x DVDrom.

Copied GTAIII without amplify weak sectors checked…not sure what happened in my previous attempts with Spiderman and No One Lives Forever…but computers work in mysterious ways sometimes …So as far as a final verdict for my Liteon 40125s are you saying that I should never check amplify weak sectors and that it will mess up the perfect copy my Liteon has read???