SafeDisc V3.1 will be out in September 2003

vbimport

Here is an article that might interest you all about Macrovision and Safedisc 3.1

Here is the link

:confused:
what happend to SD 3.0?
didnt see it anywhere yet, just a month for the release of 3.1

I for one am not concerned. We’ve defeated every copy protection thus far, right?

Solution: Alcohol 120

-= end of story =-

solution

blindwrite newest verison …

just my two cents … hehheh and I have defeated all so far …

Last version of Alcohol 120% is not capable of making full working copies of sd2.90 protected games; it produces in my backups extra errors of weak sectors and blindwrite not:(
Try to read with a plex cd-reader at 1x, if the backup shows extra errors before 800 sector, the backup is not good

Last version of Alcohol 120% is not capable of making full working copies of sd2.90 protected games; it produces in my backups extra errors of weak sectors

Nonsense. Alcohol has no difficulties at all in producing working copies of safedisc 2.9 protected games with suitable hardware. If you get phantom read errors using alcohol or any other app for that matter, just alter the reading speed.

As a general rule, always try reading safedisc cds initially at max speed. If you get phantom read errors (which, btw, are much more common when reading from a copy than from an original), then slow the reading speed by incremental margins until you get a speed where they don’t occur. (I can’t recall ever having to reduce reading speed below 16x to eliminate all phantom errors with alcohol where reading from an original cd).

my problems are with sims superstar and devastation; both games bought at a shop called mediamarket.
Reducing the speed for reading does not do nothing.
The tests were made with a liteon52327s for writing and a toshiba sdm-1612 for reading.

I backed up superstar with a liteon 40x + alcohol 120 at 16x reading/writing.

Originally posted by Parker
The tests were made with a liteon52327s for writing and a toshiba sdm-1612 for reading.

Try a different reader then. I had no difficulties with Devastation using any of my Ltd-163, Ltr-24102B or Asus CRW-5224A as reader (in each case written with the Asus).

Max reading speed was fine with both Liteys though I had to reduce reading speed to 16x with the Asus.

My problem is that the backup fails in my toshiba sdr-5002 only when I am going to play.
However lite-on devices, toshiba dvd devices and plex devices works perfect.
I have try many combinations; I think an Asus cdrw have the same capabilities for writing that a liteon; not?

I have this gut feelin’ that Safedisc 3.1 will make its debut on NBA Live 2004, due out late October or early November. (Ea sports, it’s in the game).

Shoey :cool:

omg shoey …do you wanna be like me … or am I wanting to be like u …

we have same memorex and just noticed we have same video card lol

well hmmmmmmm that is good prediction cause all of EA games love safedisc hehehheh

everyone place there bets now hehhe

Of course when Starforce3 hits outside of Europe the $hit will hit the fan.

We will all have to resort to emulation.

Parker, that isn’t the case with the toshi.
I have made backups with both the latest alcohol and bw and both copies failed to play in toshys. The only toshy that I got to work was a real old cd rom player.

No matter what combo of software, reader, and writer, the toshys always failed to play.
This was also a known problem with secure rom 4.8 when making a bwa file and burning the image with the twin sectors. Toshys failed again.

They are great readers for making all images but when it comes to playing, they are too good and can’t get past the protection.

Parker, that isn’t the case with the toshi.
I have made backups with both the latest alcohol and bw and both copies failed to play in toshys. The only toshy that I got to work was a real old cd rom player.

No matter what combo of software, reader, and writer, the toshys always failed to play.
This was also a known problem with secure rom 4.8 when making a bwa file and burning the image with the twin sectors. Toshys failed again.

My backups of Madden NFL 2004 (Safedisc 2.9.x) play flawlessly in my Toshiba SD-M1502. Toshi as reader using CloneCD 4.2.0.2\FireBuner 2.21 to burn with Memorex 52MAXX. Backups of SecuROM 4.8.4 (Republic: The Revolution) play flawlessly in my Toshi as well. Toshi as reader using Blindwrite 4.5.7

Shoey :cool: