SafeDisc v.2 & Plextor Burner

vbimport

Can anyone tell me… is there a plextor writer (or any other for that matter) that can read AND write past the safedisc v.2 protection?
I’ve been told that plextor is the king of copiers when it comes to getting past this type of protection.
Is this correct, and if so, what is the model I need to do it???

Please help!!!

Only the newest Plextor 24/10/40 does the job. It is a fantastic writer !

The plex 24/10/40A is a fantastic writer but it’s crap at reading,all my SD2 writers can’t read for nuts liteon,plex,Acer,philips no good, just to slow.
I use a plex 12/10/32A for reading and most toshiba DVD drives will read anything :slight_smile:

Dont ask me,i aint all there

I use a Pioneer 105 DVD for reading and a Plextor 4/2/20 for writing and it works great. SafeDisk2-copies can be read in all drives I tried so far.

These Plextor’s can do it:

124TSi SCSI FirmWare 1.4 is reported to work!
PX-R820 SCSI Only units made after February 1999 can do it.
PX-W4220 SCSI Only readable in recorder
PX-W8220 SCSI Only if TLA#=01xx. Others are only readable in recorder
PX-W1210S SCSI Only readable in recorder
PX-W820 Atapi Only readable in recorder ?
PX-W8432 Atapi Various results:
Settlers IV works. Operation Flashpoint works in some readers.
PX-W8432T Atapi Only readable in recorder
PX-W1210A Atapi Only readable in recorder
PX-W1610A Atapi Only readable in recorder and some other drives
PX-W2410A Atapi

Thanx guys for all the replies.
So it sounds like my Creative DVD drive should read the SD2 and if I buy a Plextor 24/10/40 atapi, this should burn a good working cd???

Without a doubt,the plex 24x is an ace drive :smiley:

Cheers idunno.

For more SafeDisc 2 compatible burners check here or the CloneCD hardware requirements (correct EMF encoding must be supported).

The LITEON 24x burner is also an exellent SafeDisc 2 burner and much cheaper than the Plextor…

Thanx G@M3FR3@K
Though I think the data you have been passed on the Mitsumi 4804TE is incorrect.
I have the said burner, and I have tried to burn Max Payne…
but to no avail. Even in the recorder!
Both Max and settlers 1V seem to copy ok, you can even install both from the backup cd, but then on both occasions, when the game is attempted to be started, it hangs…permenantly.
Im not blaming you mate, as I know you are only printing what is passed onto yourself from people like myself, but trust me, they dont work!!

Originally posted by MarlboroMan
I have the said burner, and I have tried to burn Max Payne…
but to no avail. Even in the recorder!
<snap!>but trust me, they dont work!!

I trust you (on this matter) but I won’t give you my creditcard number!

Did you read the image with 96 bit subchannels turned on?

Of course I know how to copy disks. Where’s the xerox machine?

the plex 124ts will only write 2 run in the writer regardless of firmware. sad 4 me but true
u can install from another drive but 2 pass the cd check 2 play in the writer it must go

Hey G@M3FR3@K,

You said the following in one of your posts…

“The LITEON 24x burner is also an exellent SafeDisc 2 burner and much cheaper than the Plextor…”

Do you know this from personal experience, or are you saying this from data passed on?
The reason being, I don’t want to buy a burner then find it wont copy SD2???

Please advise!

If you want details on Mitsumi drives and SD2, check out
www.mitsumicdr.com
www.mitsumicdr.com/forums

Bloke

Originally posted by MarlboroMan
[B]Hey G@M3FR3@K,

You said the following in one of your posts…

“The LITEON 24x burner is also an exellent SafeDisc 2 burner and much cheaper than the Plextor…”

Do you know this from personal experience, or are you saying this from data passed on?
The reason being, I don’t want to buy a burner then find it wont copy SD2???

Please advise! [/B]
I don’t speak of personal experience, but I’m basing this on the reviews done by CDR-Info.com which are reliable. Besides that I’ve had 5 reports on this drive saying it worked great so it seems pretty ok to me :slight_smile:

Ps. I’ll make a note on the Mitsumi 4804TE. I had one report it worked in the writer.