Safedisc or SecuRom?

vbimport

Hi, I have a Plextor 16/10/40A. its brand new. I made a perfect copy of Swat 3 with clonecd game database, i choosed cd scan and it showed “SafeDisc - release 2 [2nd]” then i wanted to make another copy so i loaded up the image files that clonecd made and burned another copy. the secound copy sometimes works in my plextor and sometimes it doesnt. my friends teac cdr-58s doesnt even read the cd.

also in the detector it shows SafeDisc - release 2 [2nd] but in the databse it shows SecuRom . . . Thanx in advance for replying.

SWAT 3 has SafeDisc 2. That explains why the copy only works in your burner (sometimes). Plextor has this problem with SD2…

Grtz

Oh Thanx, well i heard that by de-grading your firmware if works better? My TLA number is 0000 * Not sure but its all Zero’s.

You can try… I know TLA#0101 doesn’t work but I don’t know about #0000. You should try it with FirmWare 1.4 from CD-RW.ORG.

Goodluck!

I think you guys are missing something here…
The TLA RUMOR was about plex-12X models…
The new 16X shoudn’t work if the rumor’s right…
Because checking the TLA#s are related hardware changes in 12X writers…The newer ones (with the higher TLAs) are unable to downgrade firmwares too 1.04…
Never heard of 16X models burning complete SD2 copies…
But then again I can’t be sure…cause I never tested myself…

hope my reply helped…
and good luck…

Hi uyongee, I backed up SWAT 3 USA perfectly and it took me like 20 mins. used clonecd no old firmware the drive was 3 days old and we didnt do any firmware modifications. If SWAT 3 is safedisc 2 protected then oh sh*t i backed up my 1st game of safedsick 2 =0) how do i make sure if its safedisc 2? If it is then im buying the same drive as my friends.

You can check if your game has the SafeDisc 2 protection with a protection scanner like Clony. Just pop in the original CD and hit Scan.

@uyongee

Thanks for that info! Didn’t know that’ You’re never too old or too young to learn :slight_smile: