Safedisc and broken CD-ROM drive

vbimport

Hi,

I just want to know if there are reports about safedisc that has caused an (old) CD-rom drive not to work anymore.

I have (had) a CD-ROM drive 6x. Inserted a Safedisc protected CD. Safedisc failed to recognize the CD (it was an original CD) and now I can’t get the CD-Rom drive back to work.

Since I can’t check this site everyday, reactions can be mailed personaly to phlll@hotmail.com

Thanks heaps,
Bo.

Site and links to this topic are welcome.

It’s not physically possible for a disc protection to break your CD-ROM drive. The only possible way I could think of is if your disc has a gaping surface error on it, or something like that.

And, occasionally, drives do just “stop working” for no reason. It may be time to buy a new one.

Originally posted by Bo-lemia
Since I can’t check this site everyday, reactions can be mailed personaly to phlll@hotmail.com

You can use the option to receive an e-mail notification when a reply is posted (default setting is on).

E-mailing the answer toa question posted on this forum would kind of defeat th epurpose of this forum. By using this forum other too can benefit from the knowledge of others…