Safedisc 3

Can someone give me the name and model number of a cd burner and or dvd burner that will do safedisc 3 and will play in almost any drive

for example liteons SOHR-5238S,SOHC-5232K look at revies, maybe your drives can do it
plextors pemium

Your liteon drives could cut newest safedisk revisions, but only will work in some drives.

Plextor Premiums dont seem to have much luck with working in other drives than itself.

whines thanks for the names but can anyone confirm that there is a burner that will burn safedisk 3 and it will work in any drive?

I dont think so, but liteys will get the closest.

Liteys, Asus’s, LGs, they can all do SafeDisc 3, but their chances are limited with the newest revisions (3.15 and 3.20)

So what units can do Sd3.15 and 3.2 without choking and no emulation.

Currently there are no known units that can back-up 100% drive compatible copies without emulation.

Check out the sd 3.15 and sd 3.2 success threads

Yeah it looks all plextor premium blah blah blah.

I currently own one, but i havent had a bundle of success with it.

Yes I own a Plex P. as well and havent had very much success w/ it as well… :a
im sica buyin cd burners and havin them not do the task :a :a :a :a :a

Hey man; you do not read my post at “SafeDisc 3.20 Successes and Non-Successes”?. It looks like that I speak to wall :wink:

The only devices that can make perfect backups of Safedisk 3.15+ are nice old plexis 8x SCSI

Go to ebay and buy one as I did two years ago, and leave plex premium for securom only.

Hi Parker

Is it only the Plexwriter 8x that makes “golden” backups of safedisc 3.15+? Looking around I can only find plexwriter 12x for sale. Would they do the job as well or is it only the 8x drives that work so well?

I could always take one of those old drives off your hands…they must be cluttering up your house. :stuck_out_tongue:

hehe; they are not for sale for now :wink:

You should go to ebay USA and search for “plextor 8/20” or other thing like that.If you are going to buy one ask to seller first about its manufacture date because only models after march 99 will be capable of writing in raw mode and therefore compatible with clonecd and other cd-recording programs for those purposes.

The plex 12x models are not good SD2 killers; moreover they are worse than liteon and LG recent CDRWs.

Good luck with your search if you are decided to buy one. I searched at ebay and I found two of them for sale.

By parker,

The only devices that can make perfect backups of Safedisk 3.15+ are nice old plexis 8x SCSI

I noticed that you had used Alcohol 120% with Safedisc profile. I’ll like to point out that this profile enhances weak sectors you know. So it is really alcohol that you should be also thanking.

Newb question…incoming…

Is SCSI built into most modern motherboards or do i have to acquire a PCI card or anything like that?

thanks

I was under the impression that it was the safedisc 2/3 profile that enhanced weak sectors and not the safedisc profile, which makes the plexwriter 8x’s performance even more special!

Pity they aren’t for sale though…i guess i’ll just have to find my own…here i come ebay :smiley:

Update: got my eye on a plextor premium and plexwriter 8/20, maybe i can grab them both and have the ultimate safedisc / securom backup solution :cool:

I was under the impression that it was the safedisc 2/3 profile that enhanced weak sectors and not the safedisc profile, which makes the plexwriter 8x’s performance even more special!

You’re right, sorry for my mistake.

You are forgiven. :wink:

Even the best of us (even moderators!) make mistakes :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem man :wink: , moreover I can say you that in safedisk profile the option “Ignore EFM Error” is disabled, and I do not notice any enhance of weak sector because of my plextor cd-roms would start Fast Skip Error function before sector 800. :cool: