As many of you may know the newest SafeDisc revision, SafeDisc 3.20 is becoming more and more common. These are some of the game protected with it so far to name just a few :
True Crime : Streets of L.A
Splinter Cell - Pandora Tommorrow
SafeDisc 3.15 came as a real shock, wiping out a huge number of burners capable of doing it without any EFM tricks. It seems that SafeDisc 3.20 seems to enforce this even more. This thread is similar to the "List of safedisc 3.15 back-up playable drives" thread, but instead providing users with an idea of the different methods of creating a successful backup. As the successful storys are near and far, it would be great to round them up into one thread.
As also many people know that it is not hard to make a working image with the newest Alcohol or Diskjuggler. But it would be more useful if it is left to actually burning it to media. This is how it should look as an example:
Game : Far Cry
Reader : LiteON 52327S
Writer : LiteON 52327S
Program(s) : Alcohol 120% and Alcoholer
Profile and/or settings used : Alcoholer's SafeDisc 2.9x profile to make and burn the image.
Additional notes : Only works on the LiteON 166s reader.
Edit:// Please post unsuccessfull methods too!
A couple of things that may help people make a backup :
- You will have a better chance using Re-Writable CDs
- Burn the CD at 4x
- Try to use a tolerable CD/DVD Drive like the LiteON 166s
- Make sure you have no emulation and no burning programs open
- Use a RAW writing programs like Alcohol 120% or DiscJuggler
- Try to restart the computer a couple of times, and each time give it a go
- Use good brand CDs.
- Use the latest version of your burning applications
- Try and see if the image works in a Virtual Drive
- Don't be afraid to experiment with different apps.
This is not a general discussion thread, posts not in the format below will be moved/removed/deleted without notice.
Questions about what writer to use can be posted in the What CDRW drive, gets past most of the latest copy protection? thread.
Profiles and/or Settings used:
Results (works/fails in):