SafeDisc 2...?

vbimport

Hi all,

(Sorry if this is a repeat question) Does anyone know of a way round the SD2 protection. I have heard of cracks for the games but not actually seen any yet. Is there anyway of getting round this other than buying a new CDRW?? (I have HP 9350i if it helps).:confused:

Originally posted by Digital Fire

(Sorry if this is a repeat question)

When you are afraid you are going to ask a question that has been asked many times before, why don’t you use our search function to see if you can find your answer there (it can save you a lot of time)

But a patch is the only way around it if your burner does not support SD2 and CloneCD…(other than buying a new burner)

OK, so I was a little lame on the research. Found go.to/insektors to play the copy protected CD’s, haven’t tested it yet though…

Also very good resource is gamefix.dxs.to but again haven’t put anything through its paces yet…

Does anyone know if these things work? And whats the BEST CD clone software to use? CD Clone v3 ?

Common guys, feed my quest for knowledge! :stuck_out_tongue:

CloneCD is the best program to copy SD2 but it depends on your hardware if the back-ups will work… For a SD2 compatible writers list check here.

Other programs to ‘defeat’ SD2:

[ul][li]PlayBackup (for Win9x/ME only). Get it at www.cdrinfo.com (use searchfunction).
[/li][li]InseKtorS (works in the same way as PlayBackup but supports more images and WinNT/2000). You already found the URL :wink:
[/li][li]Cracks from www.gamecopyworld.com
[/li][*]SafeDisc Unwrapper but this one is outdated and I don’t have a URL.[/ul]Goodluck!

Yup CloneCD V3.0.5.1. if there isn’t a newer one already…these guys keep updating every week :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, I used both CCD and Burnwrite/read to try and make backups of my Black & White and Red Alert 2 discs using Insektor to patch the image file. Problem is every time I try and burn I get ‘Loss of streaming data’ or something and produces a coaster in both apps!

I did manage to burn Red Alert 2 just with CCD (not patched) but again u get the error in .tmp file due to SafeDisc2. Is there a work around for that or must the image file be patched?

Im using HP 9350 and Blindwrite says it compatible, but I always produce coasters when writing a ‘patched’ image file. Im running on a P4 1.7Ghz so its not like my PC can’t keep up!!!

Help
:o

Update

I can run images dumped with CCD using a SD2 emulator called Deamon Tools (or similiar). This is excellent software!!

Ever since using Insektorz my drive wont write anything, I couldn’t even produce basic audio CD’s or data backups. I tried again using a max write of 4x and managed to copy an audio CD, but the CDRW should be capable of 10x!

Im wondering if there is a way to ‘reset’ the driver for the CDRW or re-install. Any suggestions:confused:

[B]Update

I can run images dumped with CCD using a SD2 emulator called Deamon Tools (or similiar). This is excellent software!!

Ever since using Insektorz my drive wont write anything, I couldn’t even produce basic audio CD’s or data backups. I tried again using a max write of 4x and managed to copy an audio CD, but the CDRW should be capable of 10x!

Im wondering if there is a way to ‘reset’ the driver for the CDRW or re-install. Any suggestions:confused: [/B]

MayB if you remove the writer in the devicesettings and then reboot and let windows itself install it with the regular drivers.
Won’t know for sure but it’s worth trying! :slight_smile:

You could use cracks, www.gamecopyworld.com
or you could by a plexwriter 24x ;o)))

I own Black&White and The Sims ‘House Party’ both of which use Safedisk V2© and was able to sucessfully burn a copy for my kids to use and save the originals to prevent them from getting scratched. I used CDBeta with cloneCD using my Plextor PX-W1210A (12/10/32) for writing and a Pioneer 16x DVD/CDROM 105S to read. It worked perfectly and without the use of memory resident drivers or hooks (insektors). EXCELLENT PROGRAM!!

Drag and drop the image file into the CDbeta Window,
Use 100000 sector scan, scan, then patch, then burn.

Never heard of CDbeta?

You say it does not require you to use any drivers of hooks, just patch the image file.

Sounds just what I’m looking for, where can I get it?

[B]Never heard of CDbeta?

You say it does not require you to use any drivers of hooks, just patch the image file.

Sounds just what I’m looking for, where can I get it? [/B]
It’s also known as BetaBlocker. Check here for the newsposting and download.

Are there any oher programs that do the same thing as BetaBlocker?? The only thing that concerns me is will it be kept updated to reflect revisions in SafeDisk protection?

Not that it matters after you burn the CD’s at present, but its nice to know you have a futureproof solution to backing up when I purchase new software.

Other SD2 tools are mentioned in this thread. DAEMON Tools handles all known SafeDisc (1&2) protections.