SafeDisc 2 Compatible Writers List

vbimport

Can be viewed here (just updated it):

http://www.geocities.com/pcp-freak/4cdfreaks/SafeDisc2.html

Press CTRL+D to bookmark it :slight_smile:

I like it… nice work there :slight_smile:

What is “TLA#=01xx” ? I saw this a while ago but I still don’t know.

It is the old version of the 8220 drive. This will perfectly copy SD2, newer will not.

How can I find out if this is true for a drive ? (besides copying SD2 discs)

I have made a perfect copy of SD2 White my Yamaha 4416s. But I have read the CD whit me Plextor 8/20. And then can you make good copy’s of SD2. It works in all drivers after the copy.

Originally posted by Fer2000
I have made a perfect copy of SD2 White my Yamaha 4416s. But I have read the CD whit me Plextor 8/20. And then can you make good copy’s of SD2. It works in all drivers after the copy.

I’ll add it to the list. Thanks!

anyone knows if the Plex 12/4/32 SCSI can do SD2 ?

It will probably only be readable in the recorder :frowning:

hmm…will the disc be readable by another Plextor CDR, for example the 16/10/40 or 12/10/32S, or even by the Plex 40x SCSI cdrom ?

Originally posted by Sharkbyte
What is “TLA#=01xx” ? I saw this a while ago but I still don’t know.

Every Plex has a TLA code on it! It’s on the top of the drive and every time Plextor changes something on their drives (so every newer type of a 1210 for example) it will get a new TLA#!!
So mayB if you have a older release of the drive, and then also a lower TLA number, it mayB better compatible with SD2!!
But to find out for sure, you’d better try it out yourself! :wink:

UPDATE:

Updated the list today with the following changes:

New burners:
-CREATIVE 121032 (1 report)
-MEMOREX CRW-1622 (1 report)

Removed:
-YAMAHA 2100

Updated:
-RICOH MP-7083A (FirmWare 1.10 is reported to work in every CD-ROM)

Unsure of:
-YAMAHA CRW4416S SCSI (various reports)

Check it out here (press CTRL+D to bookmark)…

Im very curious about the Creative being SD2 compatible if its based on the Plex with the Sanyo chipset - which they caim to be the problem.

That means either the Creative uses a different chipset or the Sanyo story is bullshit - in which case the Creative firmware should work on Plex, or the report on the Creative writer misses the fact that the CD is only readable in the burner.

I`d really like more info on this.

Cheers

Me 2. I noticed this myself too, so this must indeed indicate that Creative is equiped with a different FW… Weird, but interesting :slight_smile: