SafeDisc 2.90

Hi, I’m trying to make a back-up copy of a cd I own. Every program I’ve used said it has a SafeDisc 2.90 copy protection. I would like to backup this cd as it is getting quite worn-out. I tried making a copy with cd-clone, Alcohol 120%, and blindwrite… but as soon as i try to use the copied disc it gives me the “Please insert cd…” message. Can anyone please help…

Thanx

More information please. What protection scanner did you use? [Many are out of date and won’t show a version of safedisc higher than v. 2.90.] What burner/s and other ordinary cd/dvd rom/s, if any, do you have?

I used ProtectionID_v6.2.3 and ClonyXXL to detect the protection.
And the burner I am using is a DVD/Writer combination drive (HL-DT-ST DVD±RW GSA-T21N)

You can forget Clony XXL as it won’t show a version higher than v. 2,9. Did you scan the installation folder with Protection ID or just the disc?

I scanned the disc with Protection ID.

^ You need to scan the installation folder on your hard drive with Protection ID. Please do so and report back.

Ok I scanned the installation folder on the hard drive and it detected a SafeDisc 2.90.040 encryption.

See if this helps.