Safedisc 2.9

I have the sims superstar but I want to make a copie of this. I have tried it and it install good but when I want to play it don’t work. Do somebody know how I can make a good one. I have alcohol 120 and clone cd.

thanks very much.

If you are playing from a burner, have you enabled Alcohol’s Ignore Media Tyoe, in the Alcohol system tray? This is nessessary for playing SafeDisc 2.41+ games on a burner.

Also, what profile did you use?

What is your burner? Only some burners can copy SafeDisc 2 games properly without emulation.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
[B]If you are playing from a burner, have you enabled Alcohol’s Ignore Media Tyoe, in the Alcohol system tray? This is nessessary for playing SafeDisc 2.41+ games on a burner.

Also, what profile did you use?

What is your burner? Only some burners can copy SafeDisc 2 games properly without emulation. [/B]

I use a nec burner

Very unlikely that an NEC writer will be able to make a copy of a safedisc 2.9 protected cd that will work without some form of emulation.

With your writer, your best bet is to use CloneCD with weak sectors emulated. The copy should then work so long as CloneCD is present on your system with hide cdr media activated.

Originally posted by philamber
[B]Very unlikely that an NEC writer will be able to make a copy of a safedisc 2.9 protected cd that will work without some form of emulation.

With your writer, your best bet is to use CloneCD with weak sectors emulated. The copy should then work so long as CloneCD is present on your system with hide cdr media activated. [/B]

which cd writer is the best for these protection?

tanks very much

Originally posted by falkosan

which cd writer is the best for these protection?
ASUS & LiteOn

Currently the most talked about drives are:

The ASUS 5224A and the LiteON LTR-52327S.

Originally posted by philamber
[B]Very unlikely that an NEC writer will be able to make a copy of a safedisc 2.9 protected cd that will work without some form of emulation.

With your writer, your best bet is to use CloneCD with weak sectors emulated. The copy should then work so long as CloneCD is present on your system with hide cdr media activated. [/B]

safedisc 2.9 has blacklisted CloneCD

i have sims super star too and want to burn it
i have a LITE-ON LTR-48247S 48x/12x/48x
and i have the alcohol trial program so do u know how to burn sims with this program? sorry i just joined today and dont know much yet:p and is there a program to see wat kind of data type it is withought just looking in the forums like i did

Originally posted by frozenthunder
i have sims super star too and want to burn it
i have a LITE-ON LTR-48247S 48x/12x/48x
and i have the alcohol trial program so do u know how to burn sims with this program?

With your writer, use the safedisc (not safedisc 2/3) datatype settings and make sure that you enable Ignore media type from the emulation options before playing the back-up copy from a writer (not necessary with an ordinary cd/dvd rom).

Originally posted by aaa_121uk
safedisc 2.9 has blacklisted CloneCD

Not so. CloneCD’s (now defunct) virtual drive was blaclisted but not CloneCD itself. All my original and back-up copies of sd 2.9 protected games run fine with CloneCD installed.

ok thanks alot dude and thanks for that tutorial on abunch of programs u wrote that helped me alot i just made a bak or halo for pc and now im going to make it for sims of rock :bow: