Safedisc 2.9 and alcohol latest version

I would like to know if the latest version is able to backup this king of protection (originally mastered). I know there are already other threads but I think the situation is a bit confused.
I would be happy if you would post your results as reply to my thread.
Thanks.

yes the last version 1.4.3.410 has no problem with it

Can you have any CDR do the burning???

And is there a diffecrent between the trail and retail versions?

Or is it ok to see Disk read errors when burning the CD in ver 1.4.3.410?

Thanks

disk read errors are naturally. they are typical of safedisc protection. dunno if you’re rather new to this, if so, you should check if your drive is capable of EFM encoding correctly.
cheers
chrisi

[i]Originally posted by nhesson
is it ok to see Disk read errors when burning the CD in ver 1.4.3.410?

:confused:
dont understand this: a read error when burning a cd.

yes read errors are normal when READING the protected cd
no writing errors are NOT normal when Writing the cd

check the alcohol score of you drive here

Sorry about that. But that is what I am getting when making the Image(read process). So it’s OK to get disk read error when making the image.

Cool, Thanks.

Nick

Yes read errors when creating the image are normal.

You can significantly speed up the reading process by using Alcohol’s FastDump feature:
· Install the game
· Start Alcohol, goto Emulation, Extra Emulation, activate BAD Sectors Emulation
· Minimize Alcohol, start the game with the original disc inserted
· Quit the game again, don’t eject the CD
· Goto Alcohol again, read the disc with SafeDisc 2 profile

The read errors (from sector 800 until just above 10,000) should now be inserted automatically in less than 10 seconds, then the disc should be read just normally like any other disc.

This will create a perfect image just like normal reading, just that the defective sectors signature (the read errors) don’t have to be read which would take a lot of time; the signature will be dumped by Alcohol when the game is started, and when you read the disc it will be inserted from the memory.

Cool Thanks for the help. Just for added know how, I saw the same option for SecuRom protection as well. Do I go though the same process of installing, then runing the game after I started the emulater?

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by nhesson
[B]Cool Thanks for the help. Just for added know how, I saw the same option for SecuRom protection as well. Do I go though the same process of installing, then runing the game after I started the emulater?

Thanks a lot. [/B]
for securom you would check ‘subchannel data fixed and emulation’ instead of ‘bad sectors emulation’.

Y’know, it might be worth pointing out that the number of CD writers that can actually cope with some of the latest SafeDisc methods is unbelievably small when it comes to creating copied discs of SefeDisc games.