SafeDisc 2.51.021 - Plextor 12/10/32S

HI , I’m using a Plextor 12/10/32S Writer and Plextor Ultraplex 40 Cdrom , both scsi. Both have the latest firmware upgrade and running perfect.

I try to make a backup of Medal Of Honor (Allied Assault) , I’ve also downloaded and tried the latest daemon-tools.

I’m using Clonecd (latest version).

Windows 2000 SP3

Still, the read error appears by installing the second disk. So, my backup don’t work.

Is it NOT possible to make a working backup with this writer ?

Thanx in advance and …

When installing the disc you get read errors? Could you post the exact error message here? Installing the game should go ok even if you didn’t make a perfect copy. Does installing the game from the original disc work? When you created the image did you check the errors? They should be in the first 11.000 sectors and there should be none after that. Please report back!

I’ve copied GTA3 successfully using that burner, and I used the Game CD profile and used Betablocker and it works like a charm, but I could be wrong with the Safedisc protection on MoHAA with GTA3.

MoH:AA and GTA 3 both have SafeDisc v2.51.021 so if you were successful with GTA3 I see no reason why MoH:AA shouldn’t work. Personally I would try re-writing the second disc since I suspect there’s a problem with the disc itself (bad write). Write the disc with CloneCD’s AWS enabled (SafeDisc 2(.51) [AWS] Profile) or use BetaBlocker (although I would recommend AWS). Is AWS enabled? It’s disabled for the US and Japan but you can enable it with the tool mentioned in the CloneCD FAQ (see CloneCD forum).

I forgot to mention, I used the Plextor as the reader and writer, and I would follow G@M3FR3@K’s advice, because I’m not as experienced as him, and it was just sucesseful