SafeDisc 1 & BIN/CUE

vbimport

I downloaded a BIN/CUE image of an old game. I learned it is a Safedisc 1.30 protected game. BIN/CUE aren’t not special formats but image is workig properly, Why? How?
And
Which another protection types can be copied by BIN/CUE and other old formats (especially ISO, UIF, NRG)? Please tell…

Bin/cue is a raw reading mode and will work just fine (as will any other raw reading mode) for any cd copy protection relying on unreadable and (with suitable hardware) weak sectors.

Copy protection schemes for which bin/cue will work include all versions of safedisc, SmartE, laserlock and RingProtech (aka ProRing).

However, for other reasons it is not recommended for copy protection schemes that use gross consecutive unreadble sectors (e.g. laserlock and RingProtech).

Thank you philamber. Do you know which other raw reading images can read SD, SE, LL, RP too (ISO, UIF, NRG)? I don’t know which types they are. I was thinking only CCD, Alcohol … can read them…

Sorry for flood…

And please can you tell ISO, UIF and NRG’s copy protection reading capabilities? Which protections can be copied by these 3 formats? Thanks…

I think these times here is a little quiet :frowning: I asked that questions 5 days ago :frowning: Please can you inform me about my problems…

[QUOTE=Exthermor;2157111]Sorry for flood…

And please can you tell ISO, UIF and NRG’s copy protection reading capabilities? Which protections can be copied by these 3 formats? Thanks…[/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t use any of them though Cdrdao’s toc/iso format can be used for safedisc up to v. 2.7, for SmartE and for laserlock (though not recommended for laserlock). Discjuggler with its native format falls into the same category and, indeed, with the right hardware is excellent for successfully copying safedisc protected cds.

Other alternatives are, of course, alcohol, blindwrite, CloneCD and GameJack with their respective native formats.

[Don’t even think about using anything other than alcohol or CloneCD for RingProtech (ProRing) as you risk burning out your drive.]