Safe disk 2.9 on Raven Shield, can't copy it, ARGH

I have a LTC-48161H (new 48x24x48x 16xDVD) and the lastest Alcohol, Blindwrite and CloneCD.

I have not used Philamber’s guide as it is for Securerom and i can burn securom really easy with this drive and alcohol (with emulation, Enter the Matrix = too easy ;).

Safe disk keeps bringing up bad sectors errors on alcohol and i keep stopping it because it looks like it is not working properly.

Does alcohol work even with the bad sectors errors?

how do i get a sucessful copy of a safedisk 2.9 disk

any guidence would be helpful

thanks

I think that Raven Shield is sd 2.8 not sd 2.9 and you shouldn’t have any difficulty successfully copying it with your writer if you use alcohol.

See here for how to go about it.

Btw, read errors are normal for all safedisc protected games (it’s the major part of the protection :wink: ).

Thanks Philamber. Have not used it yet. but will give it a good go. What image file to i create with alcohol to use with fireburner? Firenurner only like .cue or .iso?

please don’t get me wrong, but you said you have CloneCD, Alcohol and Blindwrite latest version, so why using Fireburner?? Use Alcohol latest, and it should work :slight_smile:

My copy of Raven Shield is 2.9. I used the SafeDisc profile in Alcohol and had no problems with my Lite-On 48125w or 2410b. The copies play in all drives I’ve tried. Even the burners.

coppied my Safedisk 2.9 “F1 Challenge '99 - '02” with Alcohol and Safedisk 2 profile with no problems. My burner is a Lite-on 40X @ 48X.

My copy of Raven Shield is 2.9.

Is that before or after update? Mine out of the box and before update is 2.80.10

I’ll check my disc tomorrow. I don’t have it here. I’m thinking it’s 2.9 out of the box because I could copy 2.8 and everything previous to that with CloneCD and 2.9 took Alcohol to do, but I might not have copied it until after I patched it.

The bad sector errors you are seeing is normal. It’s the safedisk copy protection. It just takes a min or two for Alcohol to get through them, then you will see it read the rest of the disk normally.

You can significantly speed up the reading process by using Alcohol’s FastDump feature:
· Install the game
· Start Alcohol, goto Emulation, Extra Emulation, activate BAD Sectors Emulation
· Minimize Alcohol, start the game with the original disc inserted
· Quit the game again, don’t eject the CD
· Goto Alcohol again, read the disc with SafeDisc 2 profile

The read errors (from sector 800 until just above 10,000) should now be inserted automatically in less than 10 seconds, then the disc should be read just normally like any other disc.

This will create a perfect image just like normal reading, just that the defective sectors signature (the read errors) don’t have to be read which would take a lot of time; the signature will be dumped by Alcohol when the game is started, and when you read the disc it will be inserted from the memory.

Originally posted by phoenix
[B]You can significantly speed up the reading process by using Alcohol’s FastDump feature:
· Install the game
· Start Alcohol, goto Emulation, Extra Emulation, activate BAD Sectors Emulation
· Minimize Alcohol, start the game with the original disc inserted
· Quit the game again, don’t eject the CD
· Goto Alcohol again, read the disc with SafeDisc 2 profile

The read errors (from sector 800 until just above 10,000) should now be inserted automatically in less than 10 seconds, then the disc should be read just normally like any other disc.

This will create a perfect image just like normal reading, just that the defective sectors signature (the read errors) don’t have to be read which would take a lot of time; the signature will be dumped by Alcohol when the game is started, and when you read the disc it will be inserted from the memory. [/B]

Don’t the newer versions of safedisk look for that sort of thing to blacklist a copy program?

No.

i tried exactly that above for burning the RVS SD2 cd, and it still went thru reading all the bad sectors. argh. as i write this, its 11:59 pm here in toronto, and after 14 minutes its still 0% done. guess the comp is being left on overnight.

i 've had success burnin this game with version .519 tho i didn’t thought it could do that…
well, gr8 done alcohol developers :bow: