Safe Disc v2.51 strange behaviour

vbimport

Made a 1:1 back up of Sum of all fears and Delta Force Task Force Dagger. Both are Safe Disc v2.51 protedted. Made 2 different image with Clone CD v4.0.1.9. Check on F.E.S & set read speed to 4x. Using my Lite On 24102b as a reader and writer. On the writing options I also checked Amplifly Weak Sectors and Buffer Underrun Protection. Set write speed to 4x as well. For some unknown reasons, I was able to play the sum of all fears in my Toshiba DVD drive SDM1402 and my Lite on 24 without problems of course I have to enable Hide CDR media to play the games. As soon as I load the Delta force on my Tosh it keep telling me that the CD is missing. Then I put the back up into the Lite On it works. I even burn the Task Foce Dagger again without AWS on but no success. Can somebody tell me what's going on?:confused:

Conflict.

With your DVD reading SafeDisc Files.

Some DVDs cant do it.

dude hide\cdr media is a tool that fools the computer into thinking that your burner drive is a cdrom.safedisc 2.51 some burners cant copy.safedisc 2.51 does not allow the media to be read in the burner drive because it will read it fine without aws!
but reading in the cdrom is another story.you burned a copy but failed to aws.thats why it wont work in the cdrom\dvd drive and will in the burner drive.well i mean the burner burned it .then it should be able to read it.that not not meaning you cant aws with safedisc 2 .its just 2.51 thats the headache!!let mew know if this helps

But both games came with the same safe disc v2.51 protections, I wonder why the Sum of all fears work flawlessly and the Task Force Ranger doesn’t work on my DVD rom drive or cdrom drives at all. Read and burned the CCD image using the same Sd2.51 setting anyway, or might be Task Force Dagger is another new version of SD2.51?:a :a

delta force land warrior and task force dagger only run from the drive they were installed from;) set read speed to max, fes checked with 0 read retries and error correction hardware. do not enable aws or you will make a coaster

also to 2ndsign he is using a lite on 24012b he can copy safedisc 2.51.xx with no problems at all and does not need aws enabled:)

ps why dont you download the profiles avilable from this forum in the sticky

just showing a way without the headaches.my way works 100% of the time!safedisc 2 and up your going to produce coasters. like it or not before a working copy.yes i do have profiles and they dont work 100% of the time with certain burners.

thanks to futureproof for these and more can be read in fp’s signature or clone cd down &dirty thread.

originally posted by FutureProof

They are protected by SafeDisc 2.51.021. If you don’t have one of these writers, then it’s not happening in any burning proggy without additional measures!

ARTEC CDRW241040+
ASUS CRW-1610A
ASUS CRW-3210A
ASUS CRW-4012A
ASUS CRW-4816A
BTC BCE-3212IM
BTC BCE 4012IM
LG GCE-8160B
LG-GCE-8400B
LITEON LTR-12102B
LITEON LTR-16102B
LITEON LTR-24102B
LITEON LTR-24103S
LITEON LTR-32123S
LITEON LTR-40125S
LITEON LTR-48125W
MEMOREX - six models
Mitsumi CR-485CTE
Sony CRX175A1
Sony CRX185E1
Sony CRX185E3
Sony CRX195E1
TOSHIBA SD-R1202 DVD Combo Drive
TRAXDATA CDRW-2440MB
TRAXDATA CDRW-2440SD
TDK devotees should read this
These two Sony’s may be questionable for SD 2.51.021 +
SONY CR-X175A1
SONY CR-X185E3
The LG GCE-8320B may also questionable…

if you enable AWS with one of these writers it will make a copy that WONT WORK these writers can copy sd2.51.xx NO PROBLEMS AT ALL without enabling AWS.

Slayerking, I checked the AWS according to the Clone CD Profile in the Forum before I make the back up. If I know the Lite On dosen’t need to enable AWS then I wouldn’t. Anyway the Sum of all fears to my surprise it works in both my DVD drive and my CDRW with AWS checked except the Task Force Dagger which only only in my CDRW. Actually I did download the Clone CD Profile and according to this I assume everything works fine until now. However, I’ll try again this time without AWS n see what happen. Thanks to everyone for your kind opinions in this matter.:cool:

i have the ltr-24102b as well trust me you dont need aws checked and as i said before i also have task force dagger and it only runs from the drive it was installed from. you will get please insert cd error when playing from the drive you did not install it from just keep clicking cancel and it should start up:)

ps have i entered the twilight zone or something 24102b needs aws (pigs arse it does)

Originally posted by gamesfanatic

On the writing options I also checked Amplifly Weak Sectors… Set write speed to 4X as well. For some unknown reasons, I was able to play the sum of all fears in my Toshiba DVD drive SD-M1402 and my Liteon 24X. As soon as I load Delta Force on my Tosh it keep telling me that the CD is missing. Then I put the back up into the Liteon it works. I even burned Task Force Dagger again without AWS on but no success.
The burner setting for AWS over-rides the write setting. So if AWS is disabled off the burner, the write setting is inconsequential. Lots of tests have been done by members of the Forum with AWS enabled on their double sheep burners. My 24102B will produce a coaster if AWS is enabled and it can’t reliably read NWN or WC3. Philamber’s 24102B, on the other hand, does work with AWS and can relaibly read the new SecuROM on NWN & WC3. Paranoid’s ASUS works with AWS, mine doesn’t. My point is that burners are different even within their model range. Don’t enable AWS if you don’t need it. Interestingly, my 24102B does not produce a coaster using the default Game CD profile; this is the way that Olli set it up ‘out-of-the-box’. No Liteon ‘2B’ model requires AWS.
Originally posted by spjb
Conflict. With your DVD reading SafeDisc Files. Some DVDs cant do it.
What are you talking about? Your “Conflict” comment is bordering on trolling. Or are you being general enough to make a little sense? The Toshiba SD-M1402 is the premier DVD reader for CloneCD and just about every other burning app. It even produces a RAW image in Software Mode unlike the 1502 which needs to read in Hardware Mode. The “Some DVDs cant do it” comment, as a generalisation is, of course, correct but gamesfanatic clearly stated that he used a 1402. So, something else is awry (which slayerking rightly pointed out). Do not provide incorrect or meaningless advice which could be construed by other nOObs as definitive. I also dislike having to print off a post, read it several times, analyse and evaluate it in some depth, (to make bloody sense of things) and take notes to refute fallacy, incorrect fact and general mischief in a reply. This Forum is the best resource on the Net for CloneCD and burning in general and you just can’t flop in and leave a trail of post-racking half truths and generalisations.
Originally posted by 2ndsign
dude hide\cdr media is a tool that fools the computer into thinking that your burner drive is a cdrom.safedisc 2.51 some burners cant copy.safedisc 2.51 does not allow the media to be read in the burner drive because it will read it fine without aws!but reading in the cdrom is another story.you burned a copy but failed to aws.thats why it wont work in the cdrom\dvd drive and will in the burner drive.well i mean the burner burned it .then it should be able to read it.that not not meaning you cant aws with safedisc 2 .its just 2.51 thats the headache!!
2ndsign – you’re almost as bad. The adage that “little knowledge is dangerous “ is true in your case. Don’t comment on things you don’t understand. The Hide CD-R Media doesn’t “fool… the computer into thinking that your burner drive is a cdrom”.

safedisc 2.51 some burners cant copy – well, what a surprise; got any more war-stopping info about that?

And what the hell does this mean “ safedisc 2.51 does not allow the media to be read in the burner drive because it will read it fine without aws!”?

This is a doosey “ but reading in the cdrom is another story.you burned a copy but failed to aws.thats why it wont work in the cdrom\dvd drive and will in the burner drive.well i mean the burner burned it .then it should be able to read it.that not not meaning you cant aws with safedisc 2 .its just 2.51 thats the headache!!”. I’m sure some brain-matter squirted out my nose when I read that. Struth, do you know what you’re talking about?!

just showing a way without the headaches.my way works 100% of the time!safedisc 2 and up your going to produce coasters. like it or not before a working copy.yes i do have profiles and they dont work 100% of the time with certain burners.
Without the headaches?! Christ, I still have a blinder. What profiles are you using? You have to know the protection before applying a Custom profile…

Don’t generalise “ safedisc 2 and up your going to produce coasters. like it or not before a working copy”. How many burners do you have? A check of the elby.ch site and the “Down & Dirty” post, will tell you what burner works up to SD v2.51.020 or can maintain success with v2.51.021 and beyond

Originally posted by gamesfanatic
Slayerking, if I know the Lite On dosen’t need to enable AWS then I wouldn’t.
Well why did you enable it in the first place?

As a reminder to all readers, I dislike Trolls and Trolling. Trolls are banned immediately (two clicks for me) and their posts mass pruned (three clicks). Lamers are warned once then banned on second occurrence. Pseudo-Experts who flop-in and leave a trail of meaningless crap are warned/pruned. Gifted Amateurs are always welcomed because they think and check before posting.

let mew know if this helps
No, it didn’t

2ndsign – you’re almost as bad. The adage that “little knowledge is dangerous “ is true in your case. Don’t comment on things you don’t understand. The Hide CD-R Media doesn’t “fool… the computer into thinking that your burner drive is a cdrom”.

well i do understand.cdrs contain atip.stamped cds(with chromolin) do not have atip.here’s the trick with safedisc 2 and 2.5 and above the safedisc are not stamped they are actually cdr media!the program looks for the atip on the disc if it finds it well no boot but thats explained on this forum!maybe i should have said it fools the computer into thinking that your cdr is a stamped cd.in the cdrom drive it doesnt see the atip so it boots.that is want i meant but in all purposes the computer does think its in the cdrom drive since it doesnt see the atip.

all i can say is “jesus christ”:confused: when will you learn 2ndsign