Safdic v2.10.030

i have a problem with cd i’m not sure if i can copy it or not
the cd is protected by safdic v2.10.030 as SafeDiscAnalyser says
and i have cdrw creative 8433 ,
i’m not sure of ot support DAO RAW + Sub-Channel data
i made an image of the cd with blindread,load it using virtualclone drive, and it worked will
i’ve been told to crack it using betblocker.
the result is the image wont work,
i mean when i load the image the program start, splash screen appear
and then windows error message
(i’m using WinXP)
any body know if my cdrw support DAO RAW + Sub-Channel data
or any way 2 make a working copy of this cd??
:confused:

hi,

Ermm just checked the elby page to see if your writers supports any sheep (sd2 capability) and it does not look good for you m8 !

You have a NO sheep burner which indicates that you cannot at this point clone a SD2 cd …
However, you can mount the image like you yourself said in CloneDrive/deamontools/alcohol and such !

But you cannot make a copy of it and expect it to run, to be honest … your writers bites the bigone ! :smiley: :smiley:

Well, if you have any money I’d put it in a new writer, otherwise just mount your images …

Greets and sorry fur the bad news !

Ermm there is one option left fur you, if you dont want to mount ur images … but pm me about that ! :smiley: :smiley:

Just wait for new clonecd (4.1.0.2)!!!

It´s able to make copies of Safedisc protected games using a no sheep burner…

Just wait for new clonecd (4.1.0.2)!!! It´s able to make copies of Safedisc protected games using a no sheep burner…

Although I have no information from CloneCD designer, I doubt that it is true :

That means that ANY writer will be able to write :

• Weak Sectors
  • Unreadable Sectors

What might one day allow CloneCD is the emulation of safedisc protection like with www.daemon-tools.com for example (so this require to use “hide cdr media” clonecd program enhanced function or something like that when it will be put at disposal) .

I suggest that you have a look to www.daemon-tools.com (especially fastdump method) to see how you can create working backup which will require daemon safedisc emulation to run .

@ OlivierFromFran:

Don´t doubt too much, read the entire thread, especially what Sven said:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58413

Thx alot guys
for teing 2 help

Originally posted by GrOuNdHoG
[B]hi,

to be honest … your writers bites the bigone ! :smiley: :D[/B]

:o oh that cdr make me ashame
i remember that i brought it wit 400 $ that mean be4 alot thought of writer :smiley:
ok i’m just kiding

actualley i know it bit alot.
but it writes cd’s and actualley this is the first prob

Originally posted by GrOuNdHoG
hi,
Well, if you have any money I’d put it in a new writer, otherwise just mount your images …
:smiley: :smiley:

and i’ll consider a new CDRw
or may be DvD RW
:bigsmile:

Hi Vaira, next time read more carefully the posts :
here is a part of the post :

the idea behind that new CCD feature is, that the user can copy every SD version with nearly every burner. If you don’t own a “2 sheep device” you can “emulate” those “weak sectors” now for a copy on CD-R/CD-RW. The only thing you need to get the copy running is CCDs “hide CD-R media” enabled ; and, of course, the image will run in the Virtual CloneDrive .
[This is a part of the “Clone Attack” ]

Here was my remark :

What might one day allow CloneCD is the emulation of safedisc …(so this require to use “hide cdr media” clonecd program enhanced function or something like that when it will be put at disposal)

So CloneCD will certainly give a workaround but not a breakthrough (nothing really new but still very good) .

@OlivierFromFran

Here’s what was said

Originally posted by Vaira
[B]Just wait for new clonecd (4.1.0.2)!!!

Its able to make copies of Safedisc protected games using a no sheep burner… [/B]
Here’s what you said
Originally posted by OlivierFromFran

Although I have no information from CloneCD designer, I doubt that it is true

Well, it is true as you know from the link I gave you in a PM. Hide CD-R Media is still only required when playing from the burner - Sven Rhode didn’t make this explicitly clear in his post. My Ricoh MP7163A (no sheep) backup of Unleashed (SD2.80.010) works in burners (“Hide…” used), and CD/DVD-ROMs without “Hide…” Whether there is active emu (like D-Tools) or passive (on the backup) is conjecture at this point. It works on no- and one-sheep burners (Acer CRW-1610A)

Thanks FP that you clarified the point.

@OlivierFromFran:

Sorry, I did not want discrepancies with you.

:wink: :smiley: :wink: :smiley:

OK, as said by FutureProof :

It works on no- and one-sheep burners

That’s the main goal and I’m pleased about that although I will be very interesting in the principle of :

passive safedisc emulation (on the backup)
with some special program or drivers ; note that a first simple idea for no sheep burners could be to replace weak sectors by something readable to keep the backup fully readable (it will only avoid some cd reader problems) - I did it .

I have been using for a long time SONY CRX100E which is one of the poorest cd writer from age :

• Only SAW mode supported
  • No ability to write unreadable sectors
  • No ability to avoid subchannel correction
  • Hacked firmware required to burn 80 mn (Max !) CD
    This one should be a -1 sheep burner but with the help of DTools (and maybe clonecd one day), larselok, safedisc 1/2 and securom (except very last) backups work .

So, as always, I hope that there was no feeling of offense in the posts that I wrote .

Use “Emulate weak sectors”, if you don’t know if your CD writer supports correct EFM encoding. This feature works with any SAO or DAO CD writer. To use an “emulated” backup, you need an installed CloneCD with “Hide CDR Media” enabled

So finally Vaira and FutureProof, you can see that Hide CDR Media is required to allow working backup (made with poor burner) of safedisc 1/2 or securom (unfortunetelly not the very last one) .

it is not compellingly necessary

… I recognized now that you don´t like clonecd very much. Your mind is restricted by that and so you aren´t able to see that your argument ist only based on a quote.

FP did a test with his “poor” no-sheep Ricoh MP7163A and it worked without hide CD-R media when played from a CD/DVD-ROM !!

Free your mind!!!

He Vaira please don’t mix love and technics !!!

Of course I think that Clonecd is a great program and it will become better I HAVE NO DOUBT when being able to burn very last safedisc 2 version pefectly or securom very new one .

I really think that FutureProof made a little mistake saying that clonecd can produce a working backup from a no sheep burner without emulation in background .

I suggest that FutureProof confirm and explain how he did that and I will try to redo the same thing and give my tests results like every body can do .

To avoid that this post become only a discution between me and you, I will wait until other people give their feeling or experience before posting my next comments .

Of course I will read your comment because I really think that we can exchange ideas also if we don’t have the same opinion .

last thing : does

compellingly
means fully ?

means : coercively or compulsively
…erm, i meant: you need it not in every case…

Yes, of course different opinions bring more ideas and are inspiring to me…

It´s always a pleasure to read your post :slight_smile: and now we should cut (as you suggested) the dialog. (for some time!!!):smiley:

So finally Vaira and FutureProof, you can see that Hide CDR Media is required to allow working backup (made with poor burner) of safedisc 1/2 or securom (unfortunetelly not the very last one) .

Just did it again. Works in Hitachi-GD7500 without emulation. Doesn’t work in LTD-163D, Toshi 1402 or ASUS and Mitsubishi CD-ROMs. It shouldn’t work in the Hitachi which is what has misled me! The PC with the Hitachi also houses the Ricoh which is where I first tested.

Originally posted by FutureProof
Just did it again. Works in Hitachi-GD7500 without emulation. Doesn’t work in LTD-163D, Toshi 1402 or ASUS and Mitsubishi CD-ROMs. It shouldn’t work in the Hitachi which is what has misled me! The PC with the Hitachi also houses the Ricoh which is where I first tested.

Curious results. My concern is that a ccd copy of sd 2.8x needs hide in order to run from my Ltd-163 irrespective of whether I use “ignore” (which should work with my writer), “amplify” or “emulate”.

Now a ccd image burnt with alcohol, or, if made with cue, fireburner works without hide from my dvd so it seems to me that something still isn’t quite right with the ccd burning process.

To avoid that this post become only a discution between me and you, I will wait until other people give their feeling or experience before posting my next comments .

So, here’s my experience.
I tested the emulate weak sectors function with GTA 3 and my plex 8/4/32 burner (no-sheep burner)
With no ccdtray launched : copy does not run in my sony cdrom reader or in the burner.

with ccdtray launched but “hide cdr” not enabled, copy doesn’t work too…

And finally : with “hide cdr” ON, everything is ok.

So, the Hide CD-R feature has to be activated for the emulation to work.
This is nothing more than Daemon tools, Insektors, or playbackup could do. But indeed, it’s a really nice function…

Thanks all for your checks and comments .

Futurproof :

Could you please give more details regarding this case :

• CD Writer reference & firmware
  • Game reference & safedisc version

Could you also check from your backup if the weak sectors are really destroyed :

• You should in this case encounter some errors below sector 800 when reading from the cd reader which work WITHOUT emulation (if not the weak sectors can be read from this reader and the backup is not really bad)
  • You should also (if your cd writer is really poor (SAO only)) get NO sector errors after 800 .

May be your cd writer is not too bad …

Thanks

@OlivierFromFran OK, will look at all that. This is also worrying

“Philamber” wrote:
>
[…]
>

My concern is that a ccd copy of sd 2.8x needs hide in order to run from my Ltd-163 irrespective of whether I use “ignore” (which should work with my writer), “amplify” or “emulate”.

Same result for me with latest blindwrite version (4.2.5). Image of sd 2.8x cd fails when burnt dao pw with or without enhance weak sectors.

However, if image saved as bin/cue and burnt with either fireburner or alcohol, copy works from dvd without hide (as, of course, it should with a 2 sheep burner).