Safari Browser: whats your input

Lately, many people I know have switched to Safari for Windows… so what do my fellow CDF think of it, pls leave any input here

Hi Xtacy,
I haven’t tried it myself so the only thing I could say is install it and give it a go, you can always uninstall it if it’s crap. :wink:

Why skipping Firefox??

Firefox does not [U]favoUr[/U] the proper spelling (from the Canadian perspective) and underlines stuff. Thats pretty much what I don’t like about it. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=FidelC;1975695]Firefox does not [U]favoUr[/U] the proper spelling (from the Canadian perspective) and underlines stuff. Thats pretty much what I don’t like about it. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

That could be but I be more concerened about browser security online shopping and them fixing bugs and leaks rather then that part … probably in the future they will address that problem but browser security should be the first and foremost concern right now…

First release was ghastly, has it improved?

The most glaring flaw of Safari 3 on Windows is its utter lack of stability. The prerelease beta status of Safari 3 obviously must be taken into account when evaluating the program’s reliability, but the problems I faced during testing really exceed tolerable limits for beta software. The Firefox 3 alpha build I reviewed last week is far more stable and robust than the current beta build of Safari 3. Safari hangs and freezes frequently, and once it completely locked up my system, necessitating a hard reset.

I don’t think I’ll bother.

[quote=coolcolors;1975942]That could be but I be more concerened about browser security online shopping and them fixing bugs and leaks rather then that part … probably in the future they will address that problem but browser security should be the first and foremost concern right now…[/quote]Apparently they have fixed most of the leaks in v3