Sad News: Superman = Christopher Reeves Died

news is everywhere now…

RIP :sad: :sad:

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

That article is just stupid

Christoper Reeves was a great example of courage, in dealing with a personal tragedy - which he tried to make a positive experience for himself and others.
Maddox is a great example of a cretin, decrying others as he lives his rather bitter existence contributing nothing.

Soo… what did you do for the crippled lately?

I agree he was a bit arrogant before his Accident. My mother and father were extras in a movie that he was in made for TV in the early 90s something about a southren woman spy in the civil war(they were in two scenes hehe). They said he wouldnt even talk to the extras, complained alot, etc.

But he did change into a better person after his accident and was very brave to go through with what he was dealt with. I do not agree with all the political bs coming from this about Stem cell research (so far it really has not produced much of anything towards a cure). But, I am sure he is in heaven walking right now.

I thought about not dignifying that with a response, but what the heck - I’ll bite
:wink:
What I choose to do, either directly or indirectly, through active contribution or monetary assistance, to individuals or organisations that deal with a variety of interests is, of course, my own concern. But as I think it valuable, I will tell you.
I cannot claim to directly assist the physically impaired (or crippled as you and Maddox so crudely put it) but instead devote my energies and resources to dealing with orphaned children and children whose parents have AIDS/HIV. The problem is huge and one can only do so much, but it is a cause to be championed in my view.
Anyone can write a criticism of anyone they want, but that contributes nothing except hate in this case. Of course, we all know Maddox talks like this to create a stirring of emotion, usually negative. That is his right, but one does not have to admire it.
Sooo…what have YOU done to contribute to others health and happiness lately? :wink:

Nothing, are you going to sue me know?

Excellent, then i can reply.

What I choose to do, either directly or indirectly, through active contribution or monetary assistance, to individuals or organisations that deal with a variety of interests is, of course, my own concern. But as I think it valuable, I will tell you.

I have absolutely no doubt it is.

I cannot claim to directly assist the physically impaired (or crippled as you and Maddox so crudely put it) but instead devote my energies and resources to dealing with orphaned children and children whose parents have AIDS/HIV.

You Sir are one of Earth’s heroes. You voluntary spend time and effort into making the world a better place without asking for anything in return. I greatly respect that.

The problem is huge and one can only do so much, but it is a cause to be championed in my view.

I totally agree

Anyone can write a criticism of anyone they want, but that contributes nothing except hate in this case. Of course, we all know Maddox talks like this to create a stirring of emotion, usually negative. That is his right, but one does not have to admire it.

Finally someone who understands why i put up the link. (And why Maddox talks about it as well). It’s not a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of what you personally DO with the knowledge and what actions you take.
Flaming is fun from time to time, but almost no one understands why someone volunteers for a cause and that the result is its own reward.

Sooo…what have YOU done to contribute to others health and happiness lately? :wink:

I work at the medical department of a very large organisation. Daily i’m confronted with IT solutions to make hospitals a better place. On first basis i do this because it’s a job (and i get paid).
That i may save others peoples lives with my work is a reward on its own.

I’m not typing i dislike Reeve, but indeed i dislike the idea that somehow someone’s believes and principles suddenly have changed just because he’s a handicapped person himself now. That’s hypocrisy and fake.

Of course not, but respect that they’re not going to help you either.

Kewl :slight_smile: http://coh.warcry.com/##33571
“In tribute to the hero known in this world as Christopher Reeve, several players on the Virtue server have also set up a living memorial. I leave you with a glimpse of the scene and quote from the man, himself.”
“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” - Christopher Reeve"

Of course, I respect that. Never said I wanted help.