Sacred & Sacred Gold error

vbimport

I have the games Sacred and Sacred Gold and use to play them alot. Both games were uninstalled from my computer for a couple of years. I decided to reinstall and play games again.

Both games install fine but I get the error can not validate the disk on both when trying to play.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Since I’m getting no suggestions I tried some things myself. I uninstalled both games. Searched the hd for references to sacred and deleted what I found. Searched the register and deleted all references to Sacred there.
Reinstalled Sacred and downloaded patch, 1.8.2.6 and installed it. Disk verification error went away but now I get message to put disk cd1 in the cd drive, cd1 is in the drive.

Hi Sealdog and welcome! :cool:

I am not familar w/ these games but I would suggest you contact the publisher’s tech support and ask them. Are you using the original game CDs or a backup copy?

[QUOTE=Sealdog;2558419]…but now I get message to put disk cd1 in the cd drive, cd1 is in the drive.[/QUOTE]Maybe it helps to insert another CD, then reinsert CD 1 and try again.

Can the Sacred Underworld Patch 2.28 be applied to your Sacred Gold version ?
I’ve read it removes the disc check.

I am using the original cd’s. Haven’t tried switiching the cds to see if that will work but will try it.

The 2.28 patch can be applied to my Gold version, it didn’t make any difference before but I didn’t have the sacred patch then either. I haven’t reinstalled Gold yet was trying to get the original to work first.

Thanks for suggestions.

Sounds like the CD check isn’t fully removed, I would try a NoCd Fix (even if it’s unofficial).

[QUOTE=tubebar;2559166]Sounds like the CD check isn’t fully removed, I would try a NoCd Fix (even if it’s unofficial).[/QUOTE] tubebar thanks alot, i just got the download and seems to work fine.