Sacd

Forumsters,
anyone know if my Liteon LDW811S will play SACD discs?
Regards.

No. As far as I know, an optical device for PC capable of reading SACD does not exist…
Of course, any CD player, including your Liteon is able to play the CD part of an hybrid SACD/CD disc. :slight_smile:

Regards, :slight_smile:

ET

So to play SACD ,you need a stand alone SACD player?
I suppose the reason they don’t make DVDRW drives compatible is to prevent copying!

Yes… :sad:

I suppose the reason they don’t make DVDRW drives compatible is to prevent copying!

This is most probably one of the reasons…

ET

what about DVD-A? is it in the same situation as SACD?

DVD-A can be played with common PC DVD devices… It is enough to have DVD-Audio playback supported by the software player, e.g. PowerDVD 6.

High-Definition Audio
PowerDVD 6 ensures better quality audio playback than CD audio, with support for DVD-Audio and DVD-Video discs, MLP Lossless decoding and Microsoft’s high-definition WMV-HD format.

ET

Can you copy DVD-A?

Well, I am definitely not an expert, but I’ve read that cracking DVD-A CPPM protection is much harder than cracking CSS (used for DVD-Video)…
You can search the net about it, with a first Google I found this. For sure someone will give you better links. :wink:

AFAIK, there is no software allowing the digital copy of a DVD-A yet. But as I say, I’m not an expert and may be wrong.

To be honest, I’ll be very happy if someone will tell me “Hey, you are wrong!” :bigsmile:

ET

Hey, you are wrong! :stuck_out_tongue:
see www.rarewares.org
Quote:
“News
DVD-Audio ripping tools! 2005-07-04
A friend suggested that I host here some tools found at a Russian site, that enable WinDVD 5/6/7 owners to rip DVD-Audio tracks encrypted with CPPM in full quality. Since these tools are probably highly illegal from a DMCA point of view, I’m hosting them at a brazilian server, away from the RIAA lawyers.
The tools are available at the bottom of the “Others” page.”

Edit: See here for instructions on usage :cool:

Amazing! :rolleyes:
I am very happy! :bigsmile:
I have just one DVD-A to test… but it is enough!
Thanks StisTi!

EDIT: Interesting… looks like these tools are not decrypters, but they capture the unencrypted digital audio stream from a DVD-A capable player like WinDVD (and this is why thet require WinDVD 5/6/7 to work)…

ET

Thanks a lot eltranquil & sTisTi :slight_smile:

It may not crack CPPM but I can tell you it does work. Takes a little longer of course but this is far better than nothing :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report hqs!
I don’t have WinDVD so I can’t test it now. :slight_smile:
What kind of audio files does it end up with? Waws?
Are you able to get 96kHz/24bit sound?

ET