S184M shown as S182M?

vbimport

Is it normal that this happens? Showing my external S184M as S182M?

I also tryed to write to a 8x DVD+RW (RICOHJPN W21) but the drive could just write this at 4x Mode? How comes?

Hi,

Yes. This is normal. Just have a look into the CDF review of this drive, and also into the discussion thread

I also tryed to write to a 8x DVD+RW (RICOHJPN W21) but the drive could just write this at 4x Mode? How comes?
Either the Samsung people think, this media is not good enough for 8x or the media is unsupported in the firmware that is currently installed in your drive.

Michael

My SH182M with the latest firmware (SB04) shows 8x burn speed support for this media.

Yes i used Ashampoo 6.5 and it also showed 8x speed which i selected, dvdidentifier also noted that this media can be written with 8x speed, but after burning a 4.2 GB disc image it was only 4x speed at the end?

So the burner must have turned the speed down for some reason, but i doubt that the media quality is bad for those RICOHJPN W21?

And sure i have the latest firmeware installed. Its just kinda frustrationg to buy one of the “best” new burners and than end up having 4x speed…

An 8x DVD+RW cannot be written at 4x, from what I’ve seen.

I t can be written at 3.3x, 6x and 8x.

My Samsung shows 4x , 6x & 8x for these Ricohs but my Benq 1650 only show 8x.