S or W

This may have been asked before but what is the difference between the LiteON “s” and “w” models? I have a 32 S. Should I have bought a W?

This may have been asked before

This has been asked before thousands of times.

W => P-CAV
S => Z-CLV
40125S upgradable to P-CAV.

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]This may have been asked before

This has been asked before thousands of times.

W => P-CAV
S => Z-CLV
40125S upgradable to P-CAV. [/B]

Do you mean that both drives are actually the same, just that they come with different firmwares when released?

The 40125S and the 40125W is identical, the only difference is firmware.

Originally posted by Airhead
The 40125S and the 40125W is identical, the only difference is firmware.

How do you know for shure???

:rolleyes:

Okay I don’t know for sure, but since there is a new firmware in preparation for the 5S, making it both P-CAV and Mt. Rainier compliant, I assume they are the same drive.
The W might indicate it’s a new revision of something. But the chipset is from the same series, the 5 series.

Maybe right :slight_smile:

“W” indicates P-CAV and Mt. Rainier.
But the 5W still doesn’t have Mt. Rainier enabled by Lite-On in the f/w. (both LTR-32125W & 40125W)

The 40125S is a Z-CLV. Maybe Lite-On do not want it to be a P-CAV, hense no official P-CAV f/w for it. Maybe the one in preperation is to “Match more media” as Lite-On put it…

They might want two different 40x writers, but using the same chipset :confused:

Has anyone used MTKFLASH to convert a LTR-40125S --> 40125W? If so was it successful?

:cool:

Sorry but I don’t know the difference between P-CAV and Z-CLV. Since I have a 32123S mine does z-clv. If I remember right that is something with zones. So which one is better?

ignore this post, i found the info I was looking for in a different thread.

chrome :slight_smile: