S-ATA/Ultra DMA HD Converter

vbimport

Hello all - I have a WD 120G SE HD. I want to get a Converter that will allow me to connect to Serial on my MSI 875P mobo. I’m thinking that with this I can use my primary ide for CDROM and secondary for DVD.
I heard that serial transfers data more effectively and uses less processing power. If I plan on getting a real S-ATA later to do RAID with my current HD does buying the converter now make sense??

please visit the MSI forum.
Some people have problems with certain convertors on certain mobo’s…beter check it out before you buy

www.msi.com.tw

thanks - I’m a member there too - must not have searched right - I’m in the process of finding my answer
It’s all so confuuuusing!!:rolleyes:

Well, SATA may be a little more effective (well that little is actually very very small), but as these convertors do cost some performance, I see no point in buying one…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
Well, SATA may be a little more effective (well that little is actually very very small), but as these convertors do cost some performance, I see no point in buying one…

Could be useful for people cleaning up cables, or those with very large full tower cases, and want HDs in a little pocket in the top corner that many of them have.