Russia's Spam-King Brutally Murdered

Ofcourse this guy didnt deserve to die, however…

Vardan Kushnir, notorious for sending spam to each and every Russian citizen with e-mail, was found dead in his Moscow apartment on Sunday. He died after suffering repeated blows to the head.

Kushnir, 35, headed the English learning centers the Center for American English, the New York English Centre and the Centre for Spoken English, all known to have aggressive Internet advertising policies in which millions of e-mails were sent every day.

In the past angry Internet users have targeted the American English centre by publishing the Center’s telephone numbers anywhere on the Web to provoke telephone calls. The Center’s telephone was advertised as a contact number for cheap sex services, or bargain real estate sales.

Another attack involved hundreds of people making phone calls to the American English Center and sending it numerous e-mails back, but Vardan Kushnir remained sure of his right to spam, saying it was what e-mails were for.

Under Russian law, spamming is not considered illegal, although lawmakers are working on legal projects that could protect Russian Internet users like they do in Europe and the U.S.

http://mosnews.com/news/2005/07/25/spammerdead.shtml

Some would say it was a befitting end to such a nuisance.

nice story…

… with a sad ending.

Spammers beware! I can’t say I feel sorry for him though.

man i love dead spammers

Nobody deserves to die. I mean, spam, its a nuisance yeh, but its probably one of the smallest things wrong you can do.

Can’t say I feel sympathy for someone like that, especially when someone believes it’s his ‘right’ to make others miserable. The only appropriate punishment would have been to sentence him to pay full restitution for all damages, including lost time to users for such indiscriminate abuse. I suppose people got so fed up with him saying “I’m doing it because I can” that they sent what they thought was an equivalent message of “well, you buffet us with spam, and we’ll buffet you as we see fit.” Although an extreme case, maybe it will deter at least a few in Russia that might have thought spamming people was also ok, with no possibility of retribution.

Justice is not always kind. The lawmakers should have worked faster.