Russia battles video piracy; but the pirates shoot back

I just posted the article Russia battles video piracy; but the pirates shoot back.

Russia has currently a lot more problems then only piracy, but still the country is trying to fight the piracy of CDs and DVDs. Unfortunately organized crime is pretty strong in the country and…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4978-Russia-battles-video-piracy-but-the-pirates-shoot-back.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4978-Russia-battles-video-piracy-but-the-pirates-shoot-back.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

<still the country is trying to fight the piracy of CDs and DVDs> In what way ? The soft and audio CD are literally being sold on every corner there for US$ 2-2.5. For instance, while there I bought the latest Peter Gabriel “Up” a month before the official release. :slight_smile: <Unfortunately organized crime is pretty strong in the country> LOL. It’s always been. <authorities responsible for figthing piracy should fear their life.> It goes without saying. <Recently the director of the Russian Anti-Piracy Organization had been shot> That was just a reminder where he actually lived. <“Now it’s a problem not just for Russia but for Europe and the U.S.,”> Sure. The common price of a DVD is about US$ 7-9. So, you can just imagine what’s this all about. It’s the 9-10 figures business, baby ! :wink: <It seems that pirated CD/DVDs is good business and becomes very populair with criminals that don’t even hesitate to kill for it> Yeah, again, the way it used to be…

How dare they sell their Russian DVDs over here in the West! We cannot even play them, due to the Region Code protection! :4

Since they’re good at figuring it out…it’s coming soon at the store near you :4

i hope they do the same in USA and shoot the head of RIAA too

he had forgotten that the RIAA headquaters were in the U.S. but the Russian bratva (“brotherhood”) was too close.

<We cannot even play them, due to the Region Code protection!> He-he!!! You CAN, because they had no RC at all!!! :4

Sure thing. We were just kidding about RC :4