Runtime error on start

vbimport

I installed FabDVD platinum today inlcuding the key. Every time I start the program I get a runtime error. Any suggestions?

IF I install it with Kaspersky protection disabled, it will run. If Kas is enabled, FABdvd crashes on start. So the conflict appears to be between those two progs.

According to the windows event viewer, the problem is:

Faulting application dvdfab.exe, version 5.0.2.0, faulting module dnsq.dll, version 7.0.1.325, fault address 0x0000c1a1.

Dnsq.dll is a Trojan/Backdoor according to some pages. Did you download that DVDFab version from the official DVDFab web page?

Try this free program to remove it.

dnsq.dll is a dll from Kaspersky Internet Security.

Curiously, I donwloaded DVDFabNonCSS5020.exe from dvdfab.net, which is supposedly version 5.0.2.0 but the version it installs says it’s 5.0.0.0 and it crashes. I download DVDFab5020.exe from dvdfab.com and the version it install says it’s 5.0.2.0 and it doesn’t crash. Wonder what that’s all about. Anyway, the 5020 version doesn’t crash.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2062091]Dnsq.dll is a Trojan/Backdoor according to some pages. Did you download that DVDFab version from the official DVDFab web page?

Try this free program to remove it.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/[/QUOTE]

Maybe it crashes for the DVD is protected.

No, You don’t even have to have a disk inthe drive-- it crashes before it tries to read a didsk.
I think it’s just the version compiled in the file from dvdfab.net is mucked up – certainly not showing the right version number. From dvdfab.com it seems to be okay. Weird since they both trace back to the same owner and use the same avangate for purchases – it’s just the downloads that are diff.