Runtime error message

I have DVDFab 5, a registered copy. I also use Windows Vista. Everytime I use the desktop icon, DVDFab starts to launch. Then it stops with a Visual C++ runtime error, " abnormal program termination". Then it closes. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it with no success. Does anyone have a solution to this dilemma?

[QUOTE=rjlet42;2280801]I have DVDFab 5, a registered copy. I also use Windows Vista. Everytime I use the desktop icon, DVDFab starts to launch. Then it stops with a Visual C++ runtime error, " abnormal program termination". Then it closes. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it with no success. Does anyone have a solution to this dilemma?[/QUOTE]

Take a look at the website located-> http://www.microsoftvisualcruntimelibrary.com/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error.php?tid=08018&gclid=CODCv6jV1ZoCFRk_awodTgqd3A

Also this error is usually caused by a conflict or insufficient memory, in case of the latter the program simply can’t load completely and terminates improperly. Do you by chance have the Google toolbar loaded? It is famous for causing this conflict.

[QUOTE=90312;2280835]Also this error is usually caused by a conflict or insufficient memory, in case of the latter the program simply can’t load completely and terminates improperly. [B]Do you by chance have the Google toolbar loaded? It is famous for causing this conflict[/B].[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Have to agree, a lot of software now a days have a toolbar that will install if you don’t un-select it.
I never install any of them because to many conflicts come with them.

The only toolbar on IE8 is my yahoo toolbar. I also have 2gigs of ram on this laptop which is all that it can hold. I also eliminated most taskbar icons with msconfig. Which I try to start DVDFab 5, it is from the desktop without a browser running.

[QUOTE=rjlet42;2280868]The only toolbar on IE8 is my yahoo toolbar. I also have 2gigs of ram on this laptop which is all that it can hold. I also eliminated most taskbar icons with msconfig. Which I try to start DVDFab 5, it is from the desktop without a browser running.[/QUOTE]

Your browser and any associated tool bars don’t have to be running to cause problems.

Delete all toolbars, and try again. If it works, then problem solved, and you know why. If it doesn’t work, then you can re-install the toolbar and know its not the problem.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rjlet42;2280868]The only toolbar on IE8 is my yahoo toolbar. I also have 2gigs of ram on this laptop which is all that it can hold. I also eliminated most taskbar icons with msconfig. Which I try to start DVDFab 5, it is from the desktop without a browser running.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever check out the website I gave you a link to in post #2 ?