Running ps1 backup CD on a ps2

vbimport

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a problem with my ps2. I’ve burnt an ps1 image to a cd and the game doesn’t work. I used Alc 120% and set speed to 16x (it’s the lowest I can get, even on a “PlayStation” profile. The game started but just to freeze on a screen that says: “PIRACY harms consumers as well as…”.

Tried to burn it again, this time using Nero and my old CD burner (rather than DVD burner). This time I set the speed to 8x and put the CD to my ps2. The game didn’t run so I tried to check in the “Browser” option if my ps2 can even read the disc, and the strange thing is that it says it’s a PlayStation2 disc(?). That CD I had burnt before at least was labelled as PlayStation disc. I pushed enter on “PlayStation2 disc” and the screen went black and returned to the browser window in a moment.

If someone can help me I’d be greatful if he/she had told me how to do it with my DVD burner instead CD, because it barely works. Thx.

Do you have a mod-chip on your ps2?

Of course I do, and it ran ps1 games before. Those games were not mine, but my friend’s.

What brands and types of media did you use?
Maybe you should try some TY or Daxon CD-Rs.

[QUOTE=Genomos;2085958]Hi everyone,

I’ve got a problem with my ps2. I’ve burnt an ps1 image to a cd and the game doesn’t work. I used Alc 120% and set speed to 16x (it’s the lowest I can get, even on a “PlayStation” profile. The game started but just to freeze on a screen that says: [B][I]“PIRACY harms consumers as well as…”.[/I][/B]

Tried to burn it again, this time using Nero and my old CD burner (rather than DVD burner). This time I set the speed to 8x and put the CD to my ps2. The game didn’t run so I tried to check in the “Browser” option if my ps2 can even read the disc, and the strange thing is that it says it’s a PlayStation2 disc(?). That CD I had burnt before at least was labelled as PlayStation disc. I pushed enter on “PlayStation2 disc” and the screen went black and returned to the browser window in a moment.

If someone can help me I’d be greatful if he/she had told me how to do it with my DVD burner instead CD, because it barely works. Thx.[/QUOTE]

Just re-read the bolded text, says anything.

The CD’s are Verbatim, I’ve heard they should work just fine.

Oh and chef, about that bolded text, if so why don’t you tell me how the hell am I supposed to run back-ups, 'cause I don’t really know any other way…

[QUOTE=Genomos;2086986]The CD’s are Verbatim, I’ve heard they should work just fine.

Oh and chef, about that bolded text, if so why don’t you tell me how the hell am I supposed to run back-ups, 'cause I don’t really know any other way…[/QUOTE]

Why shpould I?
[B]Buy and use the originals, that is all.[/B]

Why should I?
I’ll just keep on using back-ups like many people do, to keep the original CDs in good condition.