Running DVDFab while Visual Studio is Running

vbimport

I found out this morning that if Visual Studio is running, DVDFab the VSO and Nero burning utilities will refuse to run. I haven’t tried it with ImageBurn. I was able to reliably duplicate this issue at will.

I don’t expect the DVDFab autor to have to fix this, but if there are any other developers out there, let this message serve as a warning.

The way DVDFab interacts with the operating system requires that it have primary access and control of the Source optical drive and preferably the hard drive where the temp file is stored. Anything that interferes with that will cause problems, but I wouldn’t expect it to refuse to start without at least some sort of error message. I never multitask when working with video files.

Hmmm, my wording was a little messed up there.

DVDFab runs, but when it gets to the point that it’s actually writing to the disc when you’re copying a movie, VSO and Nero will refuse to burn the disc. DVDFab copies it to the hard drive just fine (during the rad phase), but it won’t allow you to burn the disc.

When it tries to write, it thinks you want to enter a debugging session.

[quote=jsimmons3;2136593]Hmmm, my wording was a little messed up there.

DVDFab runs, but when it gets to the point that it’s actually writing to the disc when you’re copying a movie, VSO and Nero will refuse to burn the disc. DVDFab copies it to the hard drive just fine (during the rad phase), but it won’t allow you to burn the disc.

When it tries to write, it thinks you want to enter a debugging session.[/quote]
May I ask what about ImgBurn ?, also when was the last time you did a system cleaning ?

Oh…BTW to much multitasking during a rip/copying process is [B]not[/B] really a good habbit to have…you overwork your CPU and other resources thus causing system hancups and/or crashing and can or will produce poor quality burns which in most cases result in problematic play back issue of the disc over short period of time.

Of course to help eliminate some of the multitasking is by stopping some of the serviceses that you are not using or don’t use…example-> your running Vista you have “Windows Media Center” it has a services that start and run automatically in the background…(here the tip)…the media center [B]receiver service[/B] is when you have a TV setup and if you don’t have a TV tuner card installed or a TV connected to your computer…then why have the service running in the backgroud ?

You can stop most un-wanted or un-used services this is but one service that can be stop and set to manual startup instead of automatic…[B]Note[/B]…always check to see which or if any other services depend the service you are stopping, if another service depends on it then that program or service may not function properlly.

:eek: Sorry Iguess I got carried away did mean to go off topic…have a nice day :flower:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2136615]May I ask what about ImgBurn ?, also when was the last time you did a system cleaning ?

Oh…BTW to much multitasking during a rip/copying process is [B]not[/B] really a good habbit to have…you overwork your CPU and other resources thus causing system hancups and/or crashing and can or will produce poor quality burns which in most cases result in problematic play back issue of the disc over short period of time.

Of course to help eliminate some of the multitasking is by stopping some of the serviceses that you are not using or don’t use…example-> your running Vista you have “Windows Media Center” it has a services that start and run automatically in the background…(here the tip)…the media center [B]receiver service[/B] is when you have a TV setup and if you don’t have a TV tuner card installed or a TV connected to your computer…then why have the service running in the backgroud ?

You can stop most un-wanted or un-used services this is but one service that can be stop and set to manual startup instead of automatic…[B]Note[/B]…always check to see which or if any other services depend the service you are stopping, if another service depends on it then that program or service may not function properlly.

:eek: Sorry Iguess I got carried away did mean to go off topic…have a nice day :flower:[/QUOTE]

I didn’t try ImageBurn.

Typically, I am using PaintShop Pro, or cruising the web while a disc is being copied, but yesterday, I was doing some programming. I have a quad core and 8gb of RAM running WinXP/64, so I don’t think I’ll be stressing the box anytime soon. :slight_smile:

[quote=jsimmons3;2136765]I didn’t try ImageBurn.

Typically, I am using PaintShop Pro, or cruising the web while a disc is being copied, but yesterday, I was doing some programming. I have a quad core and 8gb of RAM running WinXP/64, so I don’t think I’ll be stressing the box anytime soon. :)[/quote]
Did not see any info on your computers specs which does help to know when trying to resolve an issue, my reply was going on the avg system that most members have or are using.
I have put the info you just gave next to your namein mymembers log so I will know next time.
Have a nice day :flower: