Running DVDFab w/other programs running

vbimport

When you are “ripping” a DVD with DVDFab is it okay to be doing other things on your PC? I know that “burning” should be left alone but wondered about while the program was ripping.

in my experience, yes, it is ok to multitask while ripping a dvd.

I run my FAH program while ripping and have not seen any problems .

I have ripped movies while I am editing my home movies and pictures and had no problems and with media center open watching TV. So I believe multitasking is safe while ripping

I’m always jumping around to my fav web sites while Fab does it’s thing but,

when it comes time to do the burning, I stop…
It’s prob ok but force of habit from the old days compells me to let the burning have the whole dance floor.
It’s only 5-6 minutes or so and I hate to have to start over.

Since I use Imageburn to write,
I get a heads up beforehand compared to Fabs burn engine which goes right into it.
Probably the biggest reason I use Imageburn is the break in between…

I disconnect from the internet and never do anything else while ripping or burning. You may get away with it in the DVD to DVD modes, but with DVD to Mobile I think it’s not a good idea–look at the CPU usage dealing with nothing but the video/audio tasks.

Same here signals :iagree:

I always rip to HDD then burn when I have time, so running other programs while rippinf has not caused a problem yet.

While burning I have had no problems with my quads and running other programs,but on the P4’s I stop everything else while burning.

[QUOTE=signals;2138475]I disconnect from the internet and never do anything else while ripping or burning. You may get away with it in the DVD to DVD modes, but with DVD to Mobile I think it’s not a good idea–look at the CPU usage dealing with nothing but the video/audio tasks.[/QUOTE]

ditto, i just can’t help but think that errors might creep in if i was to try and multitask while ripping or burning w/ any video program. dvdfab included of course…