Running a Scan disk with NOD32 slows down download speed?

Hi guys, I can understand why, but im serious about this. If I am downloading from any legitimate or otherwise site, and i run a hard disk scan during this, my download speed is greatly reduced. Can anyone explain this? I mean come on! Im using a wireless router to share my internet around the house. It’s a BT home hub. Just got it recently. Any ideas? If this can effect download speed, can it have an effect on Ping as well>?:a

If you mean BT as in Bit torrent, then thats accessing the HD like crazy along with the virus scan. If using Azureus, there are some setting to help reduce HD read/writes which are very useful. RAM could be a factor too.

no i just mean any old website, be it filehippo.com, firefox.org or anything. It just gets a pummeling. Cant understand it. Ram shouldnt factor into download speed really? Ive got 2gb of ram on my pc anyway. :confused:

Your harddrive is being heavily used by the antivirus scan, and anything else that uses the harddrive will slow down as a result - including web browsing and downloading something to the harddrive.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1963194]Your harddrive is being heavily used by the antivirus scan, and anything else that uses the harddrive will slow down as a result - including web browsing and downloading something to the harddrive.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, ive connected my hub with an ethernet cable to the pc itself and theres no ping issues now.:rolleyes:

Internet should be CLOSED Down when doing any of that. PERIOD!