Running a PAL game on an NTSC TV (particularly PS1)?

vbimport

Hello. I have some PAL games (on CD-R & one on pressed CD) and live in the US, so all of my set-up is US, besides my Game Enhancer to play CD-Rs & non-US games on my PS1 (SCPH-7501).

My question is: Since my TV cannot handle a PAL signal, is there a way to convert the game over to NTSC format? This particular game (Wipeout 3: Special Edition) isn’t available in the US or Japan, so my only option is the PAL version. What do I need to do, besides using a Game Enhancer, to get it to boot and work fine in my PS1?

Perhaps finding a way to patch an MDS/MDF Alcohol 120% image will work? If this is what needs to be done, how can it be done? Thanks…

PS: Are there solutions for other consoles yet, like Dreamcast games that are PAL-only, SEGA Saturn games, PS2 games, Gamecube, Xbox, etc.?

i have tryed ntsc to pal converters which patch the iso’s i tend to find that screen position is off and the bottom of the screen is cut off

link ntsc to pal pal to ntsc http://forums.psxforum.com/viewforum.php?f=34

I’ve seen VCRs which can convert from one to the other, and I’m pretty sure that you can just use it as a converter box… so the PAL signal goes in, and an NTSC signal comes out. I don’t know where my friend got his, but I know that they’re out there.