Running 2 CDROM simultaniously

vbimport

Hello, I am new to this forum and I hope you “the expert” out there can help.

I am given a DOS CDROM test software to perform CDROM testing. The test is kinda simple, just read a media and compare. BUT it can only test ONE drive at a time.

Since that the test is kinda slow, I hope to increase test capacity by testing 2 (or even 3) drives in one system, secondary master and slave, instead of just one.

Is it possible to set our PC so that, for example, open one DOS box for testing master drive and open another DOS box for slave drive ???

This setting, if possible, will utilize more of the PC resources and also shorten the test time.

Any idea ???

If the product works with drive letters, why not?

Dear Mr Belvedere,

I thank you for the reply.

In my thought, it must be running on top of Windows in order to have multiple event running simultaneously, right ???

I am setting up MS Virtual PC to load the MSDOS, BUT my test program (in DOS mode) just couldn’t access any cdrom.

I aslo tried out the DosBox 0.72 and the result is even worst. It can’t even load my config.sys correctly.

Am I going at the right direction ???

Please advise.

[QUOTE=uncleman;2002292]Dear Mr Belvedere,

I thank you for the reply.

In my thought, it must be running on top of Windows in order to have multiple event running simultaneously, right ???[/quote]
Correct. MS-DOS itself cannot handle multitasking.

I am setting up MS Virtual PC to load the MSDOS, BUT my test program (in DOS mode) just couldn’t access any cdrom.
Does it need an actual MSCDEX device by chance?

I aslo tried out the DosBox 0.72 and the result is even worst. It can’t even load my config.sys correctly.
Don’t know about dosbox.

Am I going at the right direction ???
What are the requirement of the program itself. Does it just need a drive letter or does it need a device number as well? A normal dos box doesn’t handle mscdex devices.