Run Incd on demand rather than in the background?

vbimport

Hello all

A friend of mine has Vista along with Nero 7 - all works well. Thing is when i popped round to help him install Nero (to make sure he only installed what he needed, none of that home or scout stuff) i made a point of not installing Incd. In theory it’s a nice feature being able to drag and drop but Incd has been known to be a bit buggy, and i personally get fed up of having lots of programs running constantly in the background.

Unfortunately my friend is still keen to have it as he liked the way it worked, he already has some Incd formatted dvds that he’s using etc etc

So i was thinking is it possible/ok to install Incd, stop it from running on startup, but then create a shortcut to the actual Incd executable file?

Then the 99% of the time he doesn’t need it it’s not running in the background, but if he does want to write/read something from his disk he can just fire it up and pop the dvd in - sound feasible?

Personally i don’t have packet writing software installed, i just do multisession dvds.

An alternative might be to get him to move over to dvd-ram which his drive supports

before i go off to google does anybody have any info on dvd-ram support under Vista Home premium?

Don’t have Vista but if XP supports -RAM then i suppose Vista ought. Also shouldn’t be a problem running InCD as needed. I used to do that with Roxio’s equivalent.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2009429]Don’t have Vista but if XP supports -RAM then i suppose Vista ought. Also shouldn’t be a problem running InCD as needed. I used to do that with Roxio’s equivalent.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t use it unless the computer your opening the media in supports the format that incd and roxio uses. That is the main disadvantage of those write programs… I have Nero 6 Ultra but I didn’t install Incd package but left it out and used the windows write to cd/dvd program to do the writing, this is makes it more able to just move from computer to computer in windows. But I do also use the create data cd/dvd option in Nero 6 as well. That method although you can’t write to it after you finishing burning to it has worked well.