Run Dll shows on start up

vbimport

i have win7 ,intel i3, 3.2g ,hd 700g.on start up i get this on the screen att, at bottom, need help to remove it. i. have run avast, spyware hunter,Microsoft Safety Scanner. thans for any info on this. xbill

[QUOTE=xbill;2616586]i have win7 ,intel i3, 3.2g ,hd 700g.on start up i get this on the screen att, at bottom, need help to remove it. i. have run avast, spyware hunter,Microsoft Safety Scanner. thans for any info on this. xbill[/QUOTE]

It says right on your screen shot the program is called VirtualStore…have you tried to search on your system for that matching name??? Go into that folder location and see what is there and see what program and files at that location that is linked to the missing DLL.

i put it in the search programs&files at the bottom of start button, comes up empty. can’t find any program and file with that name .if it was on my computer maybe i deleted it by mistake. is there another way to search for it? need more help, thanks

It a trojan- If you do a search- I would use malwarebytes to rid you computer of this malware. You can download that at www.malwarebytes.com and run it to see if it finds the malware. If you do a google search it a trojan. You can also remove it with msconfig If its in your startup. There is no need to buy this program -use the free version.

Jeez guys :confused::wink:

Virtualstore is not a program. Not Malware. It’s part of Windows UAC. Look here for more info.

I did a search and this is what came up. It says its a trojan???
Sorry its not Thanks for pointing me in correct direction!!

No prob. Truth is, many malware programs drive business to their site by listing any file name that might be associated with a Windows problem along with the word trojan, virus, and or malware. This serves to sweep unsuspecting googlers trying to fix a problem to their site.

This is not to say that the problem couldn’t be malware related. Just a good chance that Win’s buggy UAC may be to blame.

To the OP:
Have you run any Windows “optimizers” or “cleaners” recently?

[QUOTE=xbill;2616635]i put it in the search programs&files at the bottom of start button, comes up empty. can’t find any program and file with that name .if it was on my computer maybe i deleted it by mistake. is there another way to search for it? need more help, thanks[/QUOTE]

This is the reason we tell people do not just do deleting files unless you know it’s malware because in this instance if it was something windows needed to run could cause problem down the line. And have you tried to use the w7 disk to recover the lost file if it was a w7 file??? Have you tried to use the restore points to recover the file if it was deleted?

did the restore , and it worked,thanks a lot for the help. xbill

[QUOTE=xbill;2616678]did the restore , and it worked,thanks a lot for the help. xbill[/QUOTE]

Good to know it worked but in the future make sure you do know which files your deleting are malware and virus and not a system file…