Run burning software from flash drive?

Seems to me this would be a great program.

I’d like to have a very simple and basic CD\DVD burning program that I could have stored on, and run from, my USB based flash drive.

Here’s the situation. I’m often called to do computer upgrades, new OS installs or other forms of serious maintenance on peoples computers. I’d need to be able to copy all their important data to a CD or DVD. I would like to be able to put my flash drive in a USB slot, run the burning program, then remove the flash drive, plug in my portable CD\DVD writer and copy data to the CD. I’d like all this to happen with ZERO files being copied to the users’ computers.

Does anyone know of any software packages like this by design, or any programs that can be “modified” somewhat to work this way?

Thanks,

RObert

cdrwin should do the job for cd-r. just open the installer with your favourite unpacker, extract cdrwin.exe and cdrwin.dat to the flash-drive. you will need ~1mb for this two files

>I’d like all this to happen with ZERO files being copied to the users’ computers.

only a few reg-entries will be written, if that is ok to you

Well I do this sometimes, but I always make use of a Linux live CD (Knoppix). It doesn’t write anything to the system either and works pretty well. A good thing is that it even can used on non-booting systems. Just boot from the CD, mount the harddrive, get all the data you need and format the thing. Easy and it doesn’t cost a thing :).

@Dee-ehn
If the linux live cd was using the disc drive, how would you write to another cd? You could run linux from a flash drive, that would be better…

This is already possible, people! www.portableapps.com and install any of the packages. Then download and install “InfraRecorder Portable - full-featured CD and DVD burner” [ http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/infrarecorder_portable ].

I doubt anyone will reply here, this thread is so outdated… Why dont the admins clear all threads which are useless (not answered, inactive) ?

[QUOTE=bugmenotxx5;2136689]@Dee-ehn
If the linux live cd was using the disc drive, how would you write to another cd? You could run linux from a flash drive, that would be better…

This is already possible, people! www.portableapps.com and install any of the packages. Then download and install “InfraRecorder Portable - full-featured CD and DVD burner” [ http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/infrarecorder_portable ].

I doubt anyone will reply here, this thread is so outdated… Why dont the admins clear all threads which are useless (not answered, inactive) ?[/QUOTE]

To Responder please look at the date of the posting this was way back in 2004??? So why did you respond ?? They probably didn’t clear it cause it was there for archival purpose for other to read.