Rumor: PlayStation 4 may launch sooner than expected

vbimport

Rumor: PlayStation 4 may launch sooner than expected.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/07/S8RH4.png[/newsimage]Rumors are flying across the Internet...the PlayStation 4 may be coming much, much sooner than originally projected.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-playstation-4-may-launch-sooner-than-expected-47942/](http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-playstation-4-may-launch-sooner-than-expected-47942/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They still sell ps2’s, and there’s still the odd game that gets release for them, and the ps3 has been out for about 5 years now?

Sony doesn’t drop support of their previous console when a new one comes out (ahem microsoft!). So there’s no reason they can’t release asap, and still support the ps3.

But now that the rumor mill is going, MS will ramp up the new xbox as well. I think Microsoft had a huge advantage coming out first this time… they might want to repeat that success.

Yep PS3 has been out for 5 years. Sony released the PS3 6 years into the life of the PS2, so it wouldn’t be surprising if they did the same thing with the PS4 and released it next year (while continuing PS3 support).

I doubt playing video games will be the core business of the new gamestationbox.

It will cost $899 and sell 7 units in 2012 :slight_smile: just kiddin…

I agree, just because they are still in their “10 year cycle” with PS3 doesn’t mean PS4 can’t be released next year.

I’m not so sure Mr. Belvedere, games are the core of most consoles business by a large margin. The PS3 can already do so much more than games and not too many people care. I don’t see PS4 adding anything game-changing (pardon the pun) to the non-gaming feature set that will change this. Of course Sony would like to but I think gamers just want their games for most part .

Will the PS4 come with free identity theft protection?

x-)

[QUOTE=ivid;2595299]I’m not so sure Mr. Belvedere, games are the core of most consoles business by a large margin. The PS3 can already do so much more than games and not too many people care. I don’t see PS4 adding anything game-changing (pardon the pun) to the non-gaming feature set that will change this. Of course Sony would like to but I think gamers just want their games for most part .[/QUOTE] The thing is we do not need that much power and solitary systems anymore.

Most smartphones can handle all games we can throw at them, given they are old enough games. Smartphones core function is to be your personal assistant. Gaming is secondary on that. But the gaming market on smartphones is booming business. It’s portable, powerful and cheap.

I think consoles with a single function will also cease to exist and get more a big box (or a huge box in the cloud you connect to) that can do a lot of stuff. But perhaps i’m dead wrong. I have discussed this before and was proven to be wrong then. :slight_smile: