Rumor: Playstation 4 launch the 20th of February - are these the specs?

vbimport

I just posted the article Rumor: Playstation 4 launch the 20th of February - are these the specs?.

Sony might reveal the Playstation 4 on February the 20th.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-playstation-4-launch-the-20th-of-february-are-these-the-specs-65960/](http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-playstation-4-launch-the-20th-of-february-are-these-the-specs-65960/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m curious to see it in action and what the price will be. I still won’t get it because I’m a PC man at heart, but maybe for my son. Sony badly needs a hit. I hate Sony and would like nothing more than to see the downward spiral continue, but those employees have families and there have already been so many layoffs lately. Plus, if it’s a hit, then AMD will also benefit (I loathe Nvidia).

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2675601]I’m curious to see it in action and what the price will be. I still won’t get it because I’m a PC man at heart, but maybe for my son. Sony badly needs a hit. I hate Sony and would like nothing more than to see the downward spiral continue, but those employees have families and there have already been so many layoffs lately. Plus, if it’s a hit, then AMD will also benefit (I loathe Nvidia).[/QUOTE]You have put it into proper perspective–the families of the employees. I hope it is a hit too as I wish for AMD’s continued existence since I prefer AMD cpus.

I too would like this to happen, but if Sony wants to block second-hand game trading, then my deepest sympathies to the families of said company, as I will have to wish the company to |-|3||.

The specs you have listed I have not seen mentioned for some months now.

Most websites are saying this sort of thing now

CPU: Orbis contains eight Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz, arranged as two “clusters”

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-gpu-cpu-blu-ray-read-speed-hard-drive-controllers-and-other-specs-leaked

And I am sure I have read that the second hand game restriction was not going to be in the PS4 on release (cannot find a link to this at this moment in time)

The specifications look like a 2 year old PC … and for >$1000 … and lock-in to sony garbage ware… inability to play many file types … infection with cinavia … ooooooh shiny … where do I sign up?

It’d be smarter to spend $500 on upgrades for an existing PC, or even just buying a new PC in a mini-itx form factor …

Hey, hey, hey!!!

“Not backwards compatible with the Playstation 2”

shouldn’t that be “Playstation 3”?

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2675601](I loathe Nvidia).[/QUOTE]

At least they know how to implement drivers, which can’t be said from Ati.

[QUOTE=Susi999;2676048]“Not backwards compatible with the Playstation 2”

shouldn’t that be “Playstation 3”?[/QUOTE]
I’d expect that with 8 cores clocked at the same speed as the original PS3 core clock that they could make a 1/2 arsed attempt at PS3 emulation … much like they did for the PS2 emulation for the rest of the world outside of the USA :stuck_out_tongue:
PS4’s in the USA will have an entire PS3 strapped inside the PS4, so they don’t need to wrestle with emulation problems. It will also be 1/2 the price of the PS4’s in the rest of the world, for inexplicable reasons :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Susi999;2676049]At least they know how to implement drivers, which can’t be said from Ati.[/QUOTE]
ROTFLMAO … oooh burn ATI … it’s well deserved …

[QUOTE=Susi999;2676049]At least they know how to implement drivers, which can’t be said from Ati.[/QUOTE]

I have NEVER had driver issues with any of my ATI cards, and I’ve owned 5 over the years. I did have an NVIDIA card and had nothing but problems.

Anything north of $500 is a nonstarter… there are TABLETS which will rival this in the next 3 years!! Also, choosing AMD as the processor-- REALLY??? There are really expensive quad core 2.5ghz ARM processors in production. 3ghz is less then 3 years away. The ps4 will have to endure the better part of a decade for it’s game makers to get any decent type of ROI, and that is if the game market were BOOMING!!

With specs like this, Microsoft can blow this out of the water easily and still come in at a lower pricetag.

Either Orbis or Durango or Shield. I give a damn. :smiley:

AMDs Jaguar is the winner at all.