Rumor: Cinavia developer Verance loses customers, lays off staff and refocuses

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Rumor: Cinavia developer Verance loses customers, lays off staff and refocuses[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/08/myce-verance-logo-95x75.png[/newsimage]

According to former employees of Verance, the company is losing customers, has laid off half its employees and is no longer staffing its Cinavia support team anymore. Verance would be focussing on a product called VP1 instead.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-cinavia-developer-verance-losing-customers-80217/](http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-cinavia-developer-verance-losing-customers-80217/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Great, so Varance has gone from distributing digital handcuffs to helping corporate mass-cyber-stalkers. “personalized viewing, onscreen interactivity, dynamic advertising and viewing measurement” will almost certainly mean spying on what people are watching, while most likely gathering personally-identifiable information.

This was always going to be the outcome for Cinavia. They made it WAY too expensive for studios to use.

[QUOTE=CDan;2779455]This was always going to be the outcome for Cinavia. They made it WAY too expensive for studios to use.[/QUOTE]
A tiger doesn’t change it’s strips…if they closed down permanently that would be news…but this is all the same nothing has really changed.

Since cinavia is their only revenue-generating product, and they are losing customers is news. sounds like even the movie studios are also getting sick of cinavia. in 2015 and 2016 there have also been numerous reports of the blu-ray players stopping playback on legit retail discs as well, so the system wasnt even working right over the past year. I would imagine verance will be struggling to survive in hollywood with all these issues, movie studios dont have time to mess around with this buggy and cracked audio watermark during production of discs if the system does not even work properly. im surpirsed they have put up with it for almost 4 years already.

Dont jump the gun as you read the 3 largest Studios are still using Cinavia

The developer of the Cinavia audio watermark based Blu-ray copy protection, Verance, reportedly lost Warner Brothers and Fox as customers. Only Sony, Lionsgate and Universal are still using Cinavia on their releases. However, they are said to be frustrated with the technology

With Lionsgate releasing through as many as 17 sub studios and Sony releasing through as many 11 sub studios Â
and the sneaky new over lapping signal they are playing with,on Lionsgateare finding the signal in the far reaching Regions. These Studios arent going to just drop the usage after they spent the outrageous amount for the Tech. Â

Just what we find that they doingÂ

dvd cowboy, lets just say your cinex app has a very limited future removing a watermark that is getting phased out. if you knew more about the licensing of cinavia than you would know that they dont have to renew their license again once they decide to stop using it, and if all the studios are sick of using this cracked technology, which you have so nicely helped us all to remove, then there wont be a need to remove it on future releases, and hence, cinex will also become USELESS as well. have a nice day cowboy

Eurofins Digital Testing Opens Cinavia Watermarking Certification Lab in Hong KongPublished: Jul 01,2016

If its a rumor then , some one needs to verify the source before release of news , it appears they are going strong and expanding

dvd cowboy, nice try, but you are giving them too much credit. if the movies stop putting the watermark in the soundtrack, there wont be much need for players to have the cinavia in their firmware, and although your link is accurate, the reports of studios dropping cinavia are also accurate. so while they may have a new hardware testing station opening in asia, they are losing studios on the movie side, so my points above are still as valid as they were before you try and defend a dying technology, like you are trying to get people to believe in the value of your little app, because your app becomes worthless without them.

[EDIT by Dee] (rude remark removed from the end of the post)
[B]No need to be rude. Please keep that in check.[/B]

BTW Inspect " Im not going to get drug into a nonsense banter over this , a rumor was posted with no source that can be found ,

I give you a solid source of info., that Sony and Lionsgate along with Universal will continue to use Cinavia being these are the Largest dominant Studios

Our software will be around as long as historical DVD’s an BD’s and new releases continue and historical titles stay on the shelves for the consumer going back 2009 for Cinavia to be truly removed

These Idiot at Ver also moved to a larger location 21,000 sq ft within the last few months " to expand their business thus , show me the source of the rumor .

There is 1 occurrence of an employee stating they lay people off yearly !!, , I think the Developer of CinEx HD has knowledge about whats going on with this lame company than the Rumor-mill . .

So what we have here is unconfirmed Rumor

Myself this subject matter has no being on if we are made obsolete the historical DVD/BD’s title will always be out there and CinEx HD will be there to remove Cinavia.

Actually, no ALL of the studios are phasing out the cinavia watermark. my source of info goes beyond this article as I have friends in the industry who are working at those companies, and lets just say, that the life cycle of cinavia is coming to an end at ALL studios. Â You keep believing what you want. and using 8 track tapes, or VHS tapes if you think they are current too. have a nice day cowboy. Â you are in denial if you think that cinex will be needed for a long time.

[QUOTE=inspectorgadget;2779539]Actually, no ALL of the studios are phasing out the cinavia watermark. my source of info goes beyond this article as I have friends in the industry who are working at those companies, and lets just say, that the life cycle of cinavia is coming to an end at ALL studios. Â You keep believing what you want. and using 8 track tapes, or VHS tapes if you think they are current too. have a nice day cowboy. Â you are in denial if you think that cinex will be needed for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I want to see proof of this. I want to see an Offical Verance statement. If you cant show me that, all this is a lie.Verance would never drop Cinavia. It is a license to print money, since AACS LA made it a requirement for EVERY Blu-ray player. They didn’t lose Warner & Fox as a customer. They never were customers (except for one single test disc by Warner, “The Losers”, and Warner even tried BD+ on one test disc, so this doesn’t count). Which Fox Home Entertainment titles had Cinavia? Fox is a BD+ developer, they certainly don’t want to feed the competition.

“only Sony, Lionsgate and Universal are still using Cinavia on their releases”

Alan the Verance company hasnt post anything on their company website since April.

I guess [B]inspectorgadget[/B] really doesnt our history , we have had direct and indirect workings against this company being sued and winning 4 times and [B][I][U]WON[/U][/I][/B] .

Mr foerster has forgotten more knowledge on this subject being we cracked the egg and found the new overlapping signal just released under Lionsgate and their 17 sub studios in all 3 regions. It isnt gone not for a while.

Ok enough on this we are beating a dead horse subject being the BIG 3 have contracts on that very expensive Algorithm until it runs out then we will keep killing it .

" Alan "
Look quick , over there!
over your right shoulder !!!

(((wait for it))) ,

(((wait for it!!)))

wasnt that ELVIS , ,

he is still alive!!! ,

I saw it on the grocery store mag rack , its got to be true …

Alan we have known each other a very long time , You know my involvement , we know the history .

But until the Over weight lady sings its just rumors.

I am not taking sides, all I know is there are lies here, and I wont believe a word of what he says until I see an Offical Verance Statement saying that they are laying off employees and Cinavia wont be implemented anymore. Until I see that I wont believe a word of it.

But but but

alan did ya see Elvis

" I tell ya he is alive"

lol

Here’s an idea: Anyone who has a financial incentive in seeing Cinavia alive and well should stay out of the conversation.

I dont think thats the point . here is and example of how far it Cinavia reaches

We found this Blu-Ray and released the Database to remove Cinavia today

In the Land of Blood and Honey, Serbian Track

It took months to find and take care of it , as long as there is BD/DVD’s out there back to 2010 the Issue will always be there. Our ST3 will be their " break their back software" and maybe then Cinavia distributed through the Last BIG 3 Studios will we will see Cinavia disappear.

When they released an Over Lapping Cinavia Signal Algorithm we discovered 2 months ago . Cinavia is not dead they are trying out new Algorithms . That coding engineering is to expensive to just say its being dropped we find it expanding to other Regions like the above title.

We want to break it and see it gone to .

CDan I see your point

BUT the issue in this, the news post is “RUMOR” and RUMORS are like assume and there is NO, nowhere any documentation on this RUMOR as Alan stated , find the facts and post it. other than that this news Blurp should have never been posted.

Alan did you find him he is behind you Elvis I tell its Elvis , I call it TV grocery store Mag news.

[QUOTE=DVDRangerForum;2779594]We want to break it and see it gone to .[/QUOTE]

I dunno if ‘gone’ will ever happen,but ‘break it’ is the 2nd best option…:bigsmile:
And you guys are on the right trail for that…:bow:

I hate to see anyone lose their jobs, but maybe Hollywood should hire them to build something useful rather than annoying.