Rumor: Another iOS 5 update in the works to fix battery issues

vbimport

Rumor: Another iOS 5 update in the works to fix battery issues.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/11/8BDIXJ.jpg[/newsimage]Recently Apple acknowledged the battery issues plaguing some iPhone 4S customers and quickly released iOS 5.0.1 which they claimed would address the issues. For many iOS 5.0.1 didn't fix the battery drain issues. An unnamed Apple engineer is claiming the company is currently working on another iteration of iOS 5 to further address those issues.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-another-ios-5-update-in-the-works-to-fix-battery-issues-54656/](http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-another-ios-5-update-in-the-works-to-fix-battery-issues-54656/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Freak, I don’t even have a 4S and I’m having major battery issues since updating to iOS 5. I’m using a 3GS and my battery was slightly less than it was when it was new, but it was still in good shape. Now, on iOS 5, my phone died the other night once it reached 20% battery, when just a few weeks before the update I was able to run my battery to next to dead (e.g. 2-5%) with no problem.

Use a Mophie Juice Pack Plus and you can forget about your battery issues. And no I am not spamming for Mophie. LOL.

@ alan1476: You are just kidding, aren’t you? I mean do you really have to throw another $100 at a $400 phone, just to get it to work like it should in the first place?

I can easily see where this thread will be going in a few posts time :stuck_out_tongue:

I too cannot understand why people would stand by a phone with such a serious problem as a total battery drain within a few hours… maybe it is the force of the iBorgs… resistance is futile…

[QUOTE=jbkingjr;2612013]Freak, I don’t even have a 4S and I’m having major battery issues since updating to iOS 5. I’m using a 3GS and my battery was slightly less than it was when it was new, but it was still in good shape. Now, on iOS 5, my phone died the other night once it reached 20% battery, when just a few weeks before the update I was able to run my battery to next to dead (e.g. 2-5%) with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Try the “tricks” below and then you will see a change in your battery life:

Wi-Fi = off (turn on [B]only [/B]when you need it)
Personal Hotspot = off (turn on only when you need it)
Notifications = Calendar, Reminders, Messages on (nothing else)
Location Services = off (turn on [B]only [/B]when you need it)
Brightness = down to appr 10% and Auto-Brightness on
3g = off (turn on [B]only[/B] when you need it)
Bluetooth = off (turn on [B]only[/B] when you need it)
Auto-Lock = 1 minute
Restrictions = off
iCloud = off (turn on [B]only [/B]when you need it)
Twitter = off (turn on only when you need it)
Facetime = off (turn on [B]only[/B] when you need it)
iMessage = off (turn on[B] only[/B] when you need it)
Push = off
Fetch = manually
[B]Store = sign out and close the app in tray (sign in only when you buy an app)
[/B] It is very important!!!

Hard reset your iPhone (Press for 5 seconds On/Off button and Home button at the same time).

Install Netstat (Apple Store, Free App) and you will see whether your phone tries to communicate as it is the main reason of battery drain.

Peace.