Rpc-1

well i had a samsung 332 combi. it had the tx404 firmware. i never set any region. i wan to region free so i used the e404 version and then bang…now it says i have 2 changes left. wtf? so i try a free suplement dvd from an album i bought and then it selects region 1 yet i am in a region 2 zone…so did if f@ck it up? now i only have 1 change left…should i try a dick form another region?

i tried dvd genie the rpc chk don do $hit,

dvd region free says the same thing as dvd properties that i have 1 change left,

drive info say it has no region lock,

dvdinfo says that region code is all and region control is rpc1, user and vendor changes is n/a

Since DVDInfo and DriveInfo say that your drive has no lock, the patch is working fine. You’re probably not using DVD Genie correctly. You need to use it to specify the region of a disc that you are about to play before you play it. DVD Region Killer is a better choice that you may want to try.

where do i get region killer from? do i still need it if i have unlocked the drive? are all dvd region locked?

You can get DVD Region Killer by searching the internet, yes it is still necessary even after you’ve unlocked your drive’s hardware. All DVD players are region protected unless modified.

now you lost me…if i have unlocked it, it is still locked? :confused:

Originally posted by mypolar
now you lost me…if i have unlocked it, it is still locked? :confused:

The hardware is unlocked but there is still region protection in the software

which is locking it? can i get software that isnt locked? if a drive isnt locked, does it change region when you put a disc of a different region in?

Go read:

http://faq.inmatrix.com
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/region.html
http://forum.rpc1.org/faq_index.php

Originally posted by mypolar
which is locking it? can i get software that isnt locked? if a drive isnt locked, does it change region when you put a disc of a different region in?

Yes, it is locking it.
You cant get pre-unlocked software, but you can break this protection using DVD Genie, DVD region killer, or anyDVD.
It does change region when you put a diff region disc in if you do not use one of the pieces of software Im mentioned.

Basically, just install one of those programs and make sure it is configured correctly, and you will be fine

thx for the info mod.

how do i correctly configure dvd genie? i got that only atm. i just read somewhere that it doesnt work with regionlocked dvd…wat happens if i think i have unlocked…will region genie work?

have i ballz-up something? today i put in some old cdrs and it wouldnt read a single one so i tried in my lg, it also had the same prob…then i restart…then lg could see all cd but the combi still have trouble on most of them. does it matter i wrote most of them on a pletor? when i try to look at some old cdr’s i burnt it says there is nothing there in the samsung. put it into my lg cdrom, no probs but alot of errors from nero speedcheck. also the eject from explorer doesnt work with my samsung combi, is this normal?

even with nothing in the tray when i click into in explorer the pc will allow me and open it-just a empty window…ie no folders or file

That’s all normal AFAIK. You use DVD Genie to specify the region of the disc that you’re playing to the player software without making the counter decrease.

the drive disappeared and would not open so powered down and pushed inthe connectors…not it reads all…strange…

for some reason when i click on the drive even tho it is empty i can get in?? for my lg it says that drive is not accesible or something…saying the drive is empty the samsung doesnt…it is a bad bios or something?

No, it doesn’t matter. There’s no need to get worked up…

ok kewl.