Roxio won't burn dvd

I have Roxio Creator 2009 and have created a movie I am trying to burn to dvd.

The software is telling me that my Sony DVD+R disk is: No Media, drag to disk writable only. I have formatted it and it has not been used at all. In fact I have tried 3 different disks.

I have updated all firmware and drivers.

Any suggestions?

Hi and Welcome!

let your Roxio software create an Iso image and burn that with ImgBurn, which is free.
Please also tell us the exact model of your burner as mentioned in Device Manager.

Michael

I was told by another user on Roxio NOT to format the dvd. I was then successful burning. but I am not happy w the quality of the resulting video. Its fuzzy.
I have an NEC DVD±RW ND 3450A burner. this is a dell product.
I did all the new firmware and reinstalled drivers. I am good to go w burning but need to learn how to improve capture quality, I think.
thanks!

Hi,[QUOTE=newroxioburner;2224336]I was told by another user on Roxio NOT to format the dvd. [/quote]oh, I forgot to mention this in my reply. Formatting a blank CD or DVD is not a good idea at all. It will render the disc useless.

I was then successful burning. but I am not happy w the quality of the resulting video. Its fuzzy.
This is not related to the burning process, but merely depending on your source material and the process to create a video DVD from this.

but need to learn how to improve capture quality, I think.
You might read a liitle bit through our video edit forum. Another good source are the tutorials on videohelp.com

The Roxio software bundled with Dell computers (I own one myself, so I know what I am talking about) is erm cough very basic. There are even many freeware products that give better results. Of course, good source material provided. A youtube video transcoded to a video DVD will always be of poor quality - just to give you an idea.

Michael